Good Thursday Morning

pigless in VA

SWOT will be proud of me for taking Ferb to the shooting range last night. He and a friend concocted a chemistry project involving the collection of gun powder residue. We met the friend and his mother at the range. I think I had hoped that I would not be required to stand next to the boy as he fired, but since he is under 18 that is exactly what I had to do. I was a wreck by the time we left. Ferb even noticed how the experience was affecting me. I got through it, but it was way far out of my personal comfort zone.

Today I have an exit interview with the principal of our school. I'm looking forward to giving him some feedback.

pasa, good luck with you doctor search today. :getwell:

Find a laugh today.

pasajes4

We are in the middle of a storm this morning. The rivers are already flooded and people just keep driving through low water crossings and risking their safety and the safety of the first responders.

Scent of Cedar *

Good Morning, Everybody

I got through it, but it was way far out of my personal comfort zone.

Today I have an exit interview with the principal of our school. I'm looking forward to giving him some feedback.

I am pleased for you, pigless.

I have heard the sincerity in your posts about the children you help. I am glad you will have an opportunity to share your thinking with the principal. How stellar that they have you working with them.

We are in the middle of a storm this morning. The rivers are already flooded and people just keep driving through low water crossings and risking their safety and the safety of the first responders.

The Texas flooding was on the news last night, and I thought about you, pasa.

Prayers going up.

We are cold again this morning, and pretty rainy, ourselves. No flooding for us though, so we are fortunate in that. I am looking into online classes (Brene Brown) on holding ourselves with compassion. Beginning a real life yoga class tomorrow, and am thinking about bringing myself up to where I need to be to begin teaching a Tai Chi class, here.

I have been thinking about that for a little while, now.

So those are my morning thoughts this morning, everybody.

Wishing us all a nice day.

Cedar

Lil

Morning! Wow Pasa - you guys are getting pounded down there! I hope that the rain lets up.

I slept! I can't say as well as I hoped, but better than ages. Maybe I finally hit my limit. lol I feel pretty good today. Which is good because I really need to run to my car in 30 minutes to move it before I get a ticket!

I used to do yoga Cedar - yoga for old, fat women, but still yoga. lol I've always wanted to try Tai chi.

Have a lovely day!

KTMom91

Good morning, all.

Temps today are supposed to be 104. I hate the heat. The air quality is bad, too, so I'm sneezing and coughing and blowing my nose - and just generally uncomfortable.

Not scheduled to work today, but my favorite school was short two subs yesterday, so it's possible. I hope not, though, just because I feel lousy.

The Islam Through Its Scriptures started yesterday, so I need to check it out. I have a review to write, and I started another book yesterday called The Girls by Emma Cline. So far, it's quite interesting.

I want to run the dishwasher before it gets too hot, but other than that, no housework is planned.

Wishing everyone a terrific Thursday!

Lil

Good morning, all.

Temps today are supposed to be 104. I hate the heat.

104 on June 2??? Where on earth do you live, Death Valley? It's 80 today and the highest we've seen is 89! I can't imagine that temp this time of year.:youarehot:

Scent of Cedar *

The Islam Through Its Scriptures started yesterday, so I need to check it out.

I was exploring something online once, and somehow, came into an exploration of mosques. They were stunningly beautiful. This awakened a curiosity about Islam, and clothing. And the concept of modesty, and family structure.

This also was beautiful.

And I realized the way I was thinking about so many things was invalid.

It was a strange feeling.

Cedar

KTMom91

Lil, I'm in Central California, in the middle of a major drought. We basically haven't had winter for about five years, and it just keeps getting hotter in the summers. It's 70 degrees right now, at 6:40 am.

Temps in the 100's all week long. 107 tomorrow.

Nomad

Staff member
It's getting to be close to 90 here. Wow, 104 is hideous. We are travelling this summer to an area of the country known to be a little cooler during summer time. The heat makes me soooo tired.

The other day I cleaned our back deck and I guess I over did it because it resulted in two bad fatigue days. I'm better today and I can hardly contain myself...I am wondering what to do first.

We have made arrangements for an apartment for difficult child. Painting is done, etc. She moves in Fri. She will pay rent, etc. But, at least she will be in a safe neighborhood. Where she is now, she has gone without air conditioning, and has been cramped in a little room within a home (she was renting a room). The owner couldn't afford to fix the ac and wouldn't let her use the washer and dryer. I'm impressed that she has more or less kept her act together under difficult circumstances.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. It sounds crazy, but hubby and I are having a "budget meeting."

Just had the yard sprayed for mosquitoes. Thrilled! Funny story..when the kids were little...I would put a "hit" on any mosquito that entered the home. I would pay the first child that brought me a dead mosquito body $5.00! It was so funny! My two kids would run around the house like lunatics and you can be SURE, I would, sooner or later, be holding a dead mosquito in my hand. NO mosquito was safe in my home! I'm part Italian and I use to joke (bad joke, I know) that this was my "special" way of eliminating the problem.

karisma

Hello and good morning all. It's going to be 105 here today, and 114 this weekend they say. Brutal.
I have found a job I want to apply for and plan to do that online.
Hopefully my son comes around at a time I can see him. Its always a pleasure to see him alive and free. Have a great day to everyone

Lil

Jeeze that's HOT! Mid-Missouri is better all the time. We seldom see 100's here and only in the very worst parts of summer. I was born in California - VERY Northern California, Mt. Shasta to be exact, but I've lived in MO since 3 months old. Having been back there twice, I don't think I'll ever completely forgive my parents for taking me away from there - so beautiful. I've never been further south than the northern redwoods and Crescent City.

Lil

Man the people in my hearings are HOSTILE today! :fightings: Good darn thing I got a decent nights sleep...it was all I could do to keep my mouth in check. There are times I hate my job. When I go back to my notes and see I've written "Lying :censored2:" and "deadbeat" (a term we never use!!!), you know I'm having a bad hearing day.

I bet their kids were right there. :kidseyessmiley2: