Good Tuesday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee2:

We're in for a little mixed weather today... it should be partly cloudy and cool but we have a chance of getting a few showers for the east coast storm. I hope everyone in the flood zones stay safe.

I have a few minor errands to do and a lot of housework to work on. I've really been behind since throwing my back out earlier in the month. Frankly, I'm overwhelmed. There's just much too do around here and only one of me! I'll write up a plan of attack this morning and that may help me feel better.

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

TM, I hope your back feels better soon and you can catch up on all your tasks.

We just got home after taking mother in law out to dinner. I think it did her a lot of good to get her out of the house tonight. I'm a bit worried about her, she's not looking after herself well and there are limits to what we can do.

difficult child 3 woke this morning feeling sick, so he didn't get schoolwork begun until 3 pm. However, at that point he got stuck into an essay he has to write (and he finds these very challenging) plus he kept going with it well after school hours finished, which I was surprised at. He's doing well with this task, it's almost completed.

Two more days of school term!

Weather here - we've actually had some functional rain here. The garden is damp at last. There was water running in the gutters - I used it to wet down the car mitt and give the mud on the car a wipe off. Then we drove through enough rain on the way home to give the car a rinse-off.

Tomorrow I have some cooking to do - dinner for everyone tomorrow night plus a few other items.

We got a phone call tonight - easy child & SIL1 have moved in to their new house today. Of course, it was raining where they are, too. I can't wait to see their new home.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

TM-Writing out a plan of attack is a great idea-just remember not to overdue-you don't want your back going out again!

Marg-I'm glad mother in law went out for dinner with all of you. Good for difficult child 3 for working so hard! Glad to hear you received some rain.

easy child/difficult child and I had a great trip to my sister and brother in law's. My nephews (i7, 14, 11) are great guys. I played two of them cribbage games and played some basketball with the third. My sister and I went to a movie and the next day we took all but one of the kids to Mall Of America and IKEA. easy child/difficult child had a great time.

Last night husband and I went to see "Shutter Island". Today we are suppose to have 60s! I'm recommitting myself to better eating today (I've been horribly off track) and will get to the health club. We also have a bit of cleaning to do but not much because while I was gone husband went on a cleaning frenzy-I joked I should leave more often-lol.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day
:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Ladies!

TM, I'm a list maker and do most of my Becky Homecky stuff on a schedule. It helps keep me focused. Saturdays and Wednesdays difficult child has a chore list so that I don't feel like I'm doing EVERYTHING!

Marg, glad you all had a nice dinner out with mother in law. Everyone enjoys a little change of scenery from time to time.

Sharon, glad your visit with your sister and her family was fun. I know I love spending time with my sister but her schedule is crazy! We do talk at least every other day on the phone - even if it's just to say "hi, have a great day". Glad easy child/difficult child had a good visit. Those special one on one times with mom are really important. Having the positive bonding times are so important to maintaining your relationship. I'm sure she felt special going away with just mom.

I'm home here only for about an hour or so doing just a couple little things to prepare for mom's visit tomorrow. She's on her way to Charlotte to spend a couple weeks with her sister and is stopping here on the way down (and will be back on the way up). I picked a bunch of daffodils and forsythia to put in her room and just want to freshen her bedroom and bath. I'll hit the office after that for a full day until difficult child pick up time.

I hope everyone's day is a good one!

Sharon