Good Tuesday Morning

pigless in VA

My magnolia tree is blooming. I love the giant, gently fragrant flowers. It's not raining at the moment, but it appears as though the rains will come again at any second.

Have a fragrant morning.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,
Pigless -Your tree must be beautiful right more!

Back to work this morning. We have 8 student days left. This time of the year is so crazy but I love it. Thursday we are taking the patrols on a great field trip to another state on a double decker bus! They are going to love it!

KTMom91

Good morning!

It's only going to be about 99 degrees today! Summer has arrived in Central CA.

I need to finish up my last day of Buddhism today. Islam starts tomorrow. I have some laundry to put away and a bookshelf to straighten and sort. Spaghetti with sausage and mushrooms for dinner.

Sharon, your field trip sounds like so much fun!

Pigless, magnolias are just beautiful. I wish we had room to have one.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jabberwockey

We had a decent weekend. Went to the property and in spite of a HUGE amount of ticks, we verified that the blackberries should produce like gang busters for us! We will find out for sure around mid July. Went and visited for a bit with my mom and dad. Got some mulberries from the trees around our church parking lot. We ended up getting close to two gallons of berries and they look to be producing for several more weeks. Going to check with the church about clearing out under the trees so we can harvest with less waste. Plan on taking some cuttings from those trees and if we can get them started good, will plant them on our property. More sleep last night would have been good, but other than that doing pretty good this morning.

Scent of Cedar *

Went to the property and in spite of a HUGE amount of ticks, we verified that the blackberries should produce like gang busters for us!

...a Huge amount of ticks
:runcirclsmiley2:

Yum on the blackberries part.

D H made an incredible choke cherry wine one year. We never did manage to get everything just right, again. But that one year, the choke cherries were huge and beautiful, and the wine made from them was delicious.

Our weekend was stellar. It rained until Monday, but that was okay for us because we didn't have company for the holiday weekend anyway. Monday, the sun came out and everything was beautiful and my plants are recovering!!! Even those I'd thought were goners are coming back.

And I am just so pleased about that, and happy.

Wishing us all a nice day.

Cedar

Lil

...a Huge amount of ticks
:runcirclsmiley2:

You have no idea. Huge is not an overstatement. As soon as we got in the car, we saw them on our clothes. We stopped at the (seldom used) country road and basically stripped down, to the point of dropping pants to the hip, and picked them off. None were really biting, but definitely looking for places to chow down. Really, lots and lots of them - well over a dozen on each of us - more on him. Then we went to lunch at this little bar and grill we go to and went to their men's room and I picked NINE MORE off Jabber! All in all, I bet he had three dozen plus on him. He's like catnip to ticks...ticknip?

We'll be doing some serious weed-eating around that blackberry patch and cutting down on those nasty critters.

The mulberries made a great pie. Well, 5 cups of them did. I have about four times that many left...most in the freezer. So many people don't know you can cook with them. I never have before, but I'll be doing quite a bit apparently. lol

I am SO stiff and sore! I feel like I have been beaten. I guess I spent too much time in terrible shoes on hard surfaces. I need a vacation from my 3 day weekend!

InsaneCdn

Yes, being a "country person" requires quality, supportive footwear. And a certain way of dressing that minimizes ticks :D (tuck pants into long tight socks, tuck in shirt, button up to the top, long buttoned sleeves...)

Lil

Yes, being a "country person" requires quality, supportive footwear

It wasn't the "country person" part that had bad shoes - although my hiking boots have definitely seen better days. It was the worn-out Mary Jane Crocs on asphalt while picking mulberries, my practically soleless little Payless sneakers in the grocery store, and my sloppy house shoes on kitchen tile while cleaning and cooking the berries later!