Have had better weeks.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt is continuing in high anxiety mode - to the point of a 3 person crisis team out last night. There is no reassuring her; no medication that will touch this - kt will have to work this out & listen to what people are telling her.

Tonight, after Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) therapist leaves kt is once more on the upswing - ready to blow. I finally talked her into her PRN medications, a shower (I washed & rinsed her hair & we talked quietly). "Mom, I just have to tell you my feelings instead of feeling all crummy inside". Yes, kt that would certainly help matters.

She, PCA & husband are in the backyard starting a fire in the firepit - going to roast marshmallows & make some s'mores for dessert.

Now, it's down to 4 weeks of unscheduled chaos (ESY ended today) & I'm working on a plan - the plan may beat me this time around though. :crazy:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Linda, I've had such a wild week at work that I've barely had time to check in. The last thing you need with your recovery is dealing with this additional stress. Does Kt go to respite this weekend to give you a break?

Hugs,
Suz

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I'm sorry kt is having such high anxiety. I like that she verbalized about getting her feelings out instead of feeling crumby inside.

Four weeks of unstructured time I'm sure is something you are not looking forward to. (((((Hugs)))))

On_Call

So sorry that kt is still so anxious. It does sound like she knows what she needs to do . . . hopefully it will work itself out to the point where she can actually do it. So hard for our difficult children to verbalize their feelings.

I wish I could do something to help you - somehow ease some of your stress level.

I hope you have a calm, quiet weekend. Sending good thoughts and hugs.

smallworld

Linda, I'm sorry kt is suffering from such high anxiety. Anxious difficult children make for anxious moms. I hope things settle down in your household, and you are able to get the rest you need. Hugs.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm hoping after in home therapy yesterday that kt will start "using her words". She told Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) therapist that she's terrified that I'm going to die (a bit of drama with a lot of true emotion). However, I my primary care doctor will be meeting with kt & I next week to explain my "condition" - things may change, but nothing in the all the reports about dying.

Primary doctor is coming loaded - my chart with all the test results. Her nurse will be highlighting anything a kid of kt's nature would ask about. Primary doctor is prepared to be strong, kind & very reassuring.

kt needs this level of reassurance from "someone who won't treat me like a kid". Unfortunately, her behaviors & reactions are very toddler like - hence the hesitation.

Thank you ladies - hoping for a calm day ahead. psychiatrist has already called & doubled the PRN dose for the weekend of necessary; is scoping out a psychiatric bed if necessary.

Pray for a calm, sane & pleasant weekend. I just need one pleasant day today.

Steely

Oh, certainly will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Poor kt, she is just coming undone, huh. Does she realize that if she loses it, she will have to go to phosph, is this an incentive for her to not lose it?

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that she is able to handle everything maturely, and be able to verbally process this anxiety that is trying to consume her.

Keep us posted.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Learning to verbalize would be a very big step for kt.

Saying prayers she'll be able to hold it together over the weekend.

Hope you're starting to feel better. :flower:

((hugs))

Janna

Tonight, after Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) therapist leaves kt is once more on the upswing - ready to blow. I finally talked her into her PRN medications, a shower (I washed & rinsed her hair & we talked quietly). "Mom, I just have to tell you my feelings instead of feeling all crummy inside". Yes, kt that would certainly help matters.

She's hearing you. That's so awesome. I'm sorry you have had such a crummy week, but it does sound like she's making progress.

Baby steps, Linda. Have many glasses of wine along the way, my friend.