He's BA-A-A-ACK from camp and grumpier than ever

TerryJ2

Argh! difficult child must not have slept at all during his wk at camp. He was surly and mean the min. we picked him up. In fact, he called on the cell phone when we were almost there, and was surprised when I said we were both picking him up. "It was only supposed to be one of you so I could sit in the front seat."
So-rrryyy for living!
He refused to discuss anything he did at camp, gave us only yes and no answers, but told us that he still had $19 left from the $30 we gave him. He can use that at his next camp.
He left his suitcase in the trunk, then we pulled it out and he left it outside. Somehow, husband managed to get difficult child to put his camp clothes in the laundry.

He leaves for a computer camp tomorrow evening.
Whew!:sigh:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hurray for computer camp!! difficult child has been home for two weeks with us and starts day camp on Monday. On Thursday he will be at a sleep-over night of the camp!! Sorry he was so rude when you picked him up.

DDD

I guess it doesn't change from generation to generation. GFGmom went to a weekend camp when she was maybe nine years old. I worried the whole time (as did the two easy child's) and was the first one in the designated parking lot for pickup. Once in the car I said "tell us about camp". Response "it was ok". Her big bro and sis asked other questions "did you swim in a pool or a lake?" GFGmom will be 48 years old soon....we still don't know a blanking thing about what happend when she was gone. Nada. Zip. There was no sign that she had been taunted or abused or ??? but to this day we still don't know. Geez, difficult child's are frustrating! Maybe computer camp will be more positive.Hugs DDD

TerryJ2

Yes, I think he'll like that a bit more. Still, it wouldn't kill him to come out with-a complete sentence once in awhile!
The irony of it is, if my difficult child were abused, we'd be the first to hear about it. So I'm guessing that no news is good news. ;)

ready2run

lol, sounds like a difficult child. we had our difficult child @ Y camp this past week. not one single day did he know what he did that day when he got home. even when i knew he went swimming and asked him, how was the pool? do you think i could get an answer from him? no way! i tried asking multiple questions and after a couple i don't knows and grunts i was told that he didn't feel like answering any more questions because he didn't know what he did all day. glad i spent that $$...lol. at least he was out of my hair for a few hours, although now he keeps whining about missing his girlfriend although he doesn't know her name. next week we are moving and after that i don't know if camp will be available for him. wish i could send him to sleep away camp..

Star*

call 911........call 911
Arent Tweens just so LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!???? (insert smiley with a glass of wine for my girl T after tonight) lol

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if the respite from difficult children while they are at camp is worth the rebound difficult child-ness we all see when they get back!

Enjoy the brief break while he's gone at computer camp!

TerryJ2

ROFL! He misses his girlfriend and he doesn't know her name? OMG, that's precious!

difficult child spoke in complete sentences on the way to computer camp, and actually told us what he did at "regular" camp. That was in the car, of course, just as he was about to leave. Great sense of timing.

He broke up with-his girlfriend last mo, which is, I suspect, one reason for his continuing bad mood (in fact, he was sobbing in front of the computer last wk, poor guy--actually let me hug him) ... but they never actually went out. And they didn't have any classes together. Just saw ea other at lunch.
Arggh.