He's back in residential treatment

lovemyson1

Hi dear friends. Just wanted to update you all. He just got dropped off at a residential treatment home an hour ago. It was his decision so let's see if he gets better! God I hope so! His girlfriend was a mess after she dropped him off, that's how I was when I dropped him off 6 months ago! Drugs really hurt a lot of people, not just the addict but everyone around them who loves them.

Nancy

They sure do LMS. He is where he needs to be right now. I'm glad he did it on his own. Remember that relapse happens frequently and each time should become a little easier. You have been through it so now you can help his girlfriend. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

lovemyson1

Thank you good people! I'm not sure if he went in because his life was falling apart or he really wants to get clean. I wish I knew what to say to him to make him see the light. But I'm starting to learn that detaching is healthy for me. After all, he is an adult and he knows what's right & wrong, he just needs to choose right. That's a hard thing to do I guess.

Kathy813

Staff member
Hopefully, the fact that his life was falling apart will be the motivation that he needed to get and stay clean.

It certainly is a step in the right direction.

~Kathy

Origami

Here's some more support and hope that your son shows some good progress in his efforts to stay clean. I'm rooting for him and you!

I'm not too hopeful for my son right now. He "seems" clean, but just missed a week of work for being sick. The flu has been going around, but I never know with him. My husband asked him if he was fired from his job (that was our suspicion), but he said no, his boss wanted to meet with him today to get everything back on track. We'll see--

Anyway, Lovemyson, hope you and your family had a good weekend, and it's got to be a comfort to you that your son is in a good place of his own volition.

lovemyson1

Thank you all! The love & support here means so much to me! You know Origami, it's hard to believe them.. We get smarter and smarter huh? Hopefully your son is on track! Our son has been calling and said his rehab allows them to leave! I'm not feeling good about that at all! But then again, if he wants to get clean, it's up to him right? Much love to all!! I'll keep you all posted! I'm always hopeful but now very guarded..

PatriotsGirl

I wouldn't trust a rehab that lets them leave this soon. They should be on lockdown for the first 30 days and earn priviledges from there...but you are right - it is his journey...