HI. new here

HI,
I just came across this site by accident but after reading thru found it could be very helpful, informative, and hopefully a source of great support for me.

I am a stay at home mom, have an amazing husband, and four children...at the least we are all ADHD...yes, evenings in our house when all medications have worn off are very fun indeed..ha..our oldest son also lives with bipolar disorder, next son also lives with anxiety disorder, youngest son lives with AS, sensory processing disorder (SPD), anxiety and panic disorder, and our daughter also lives with anxiety disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

I look forward to meeting ppl, sharing ideas, info, and lots of venting to those who understand and won't be judgemental bcs they get it.
MA

InsaneCdn

Hi, and welcome...

I look forward to meeting ppl, sharing ideas, info, and lots of venting to those who understand and won't be judgemental bcs they get it.
I'd say you've figured us out pretty good!

Being a 4xADHD household... I can picture the evening scene quite well.

Before you hit an issue that you want to toss at the rest of us, you might want to do up a Signature (like the one at the bottom of many of the posts... mine included).
Mine is sparse, others give more info.
The sig helps us "remember" your situation, when we're responding to threads and posts...

How old are the kids, anyway...

InsaneCdn

Oh, should warn you... lots of us tend to think alike... so you're going to see stuff like the first two responses above...
MWM and I were thinking the same thing... and posting at the same time!

HI,
Yes, I can...I am looking thru the site and trying to get figure it all out...tons of these sigs I have no idea what they stand for..difficult child, etc...It has been a long, long weekend with holiday shopping and my gmother in the hospital and I am about to hit the sack...I just so tired I am not sure I would make any sense if I wrote more...but will do so tomorrow as I look forward to meeting ppl who live a life close to mine...thanks, MA

buddy

Well, a whole family of gifts from god! I say that with all due respect, I promise. Honestly, whenever a parent here says they have even one of the diagnosis some of our kids live with I perk up. Really a wonderful thing to have such insiders here! (Yes, I get it that a diagnosis in one person is TOTALLY different in another, but you know what I mean I hope!) It will be wonderful to get to know you and your little difficult child's. Your intro would be a great signature, you can just copy and paste it if you dont want to type it again! (it is under settings and helps people follow you over the months/years)

I can indeed imagine your house after medications are off. How are your kids doing in school and socially... any hints for us? any questions? Just really happy to have you, and yes, this will be the perfect place to vent...there are several other parents here who have more than one difficult child and also have a diagnosis that makes things an additional challenge (who among us has NOTHING going on anyway, probably very few).

Check in frequently! hugs and hand holds, Dee (buddy)

InsaneCdn

Abbreviations... there's a thread under Site Resources that covers most of it, but... its faster using the mouse-over...
See the dotted underline below "difficult child" in your post above? also in this post...
Just put your mouse over that word, and the definition pops up.
difficult child, husband, ADHD, IEP...

But it doesn't work for REALLY left-curve terms like koi...
(do a search on "koi"... there's a recent thread that explains it)

T

TeDo

difficult child is a tongue in cheek Gift From God that we use to refer to our "problem" children. I have two of them so have a 1 or 2 behind the difficult child. Others use initials and some use fake names. How you do it is totally up to you. easy child stands for the proverbial Perfect Child. We use that for those children who give us little if any problems. They can have diagnosis's (diagnoses) but are dealing with things well so aren't really a problem. Other abbreviations you can usually figure out by holding your cursor over it and a definition will usually pop up, at least the most commonly used ones. Otherwise, just ask away.

Welcome to our little corner of the world. You HAVE found a wonderful place and it seems you have "gotten" us already. Good for you. More info would be very helpful to get to know you.

DDD

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you. First thing that I want to know is if the medications wear off at a certain time for all of you. If so, have you considered a small booster dose to tide you thru to bedtime? I used a small (fast in/fast our..not time released) dose for my adhders that made dinner/homework/bed prep time much much easier. It made life bearable in our household. Hugs. DDD

L

Liahona

Adding my welcome! I don't have lots of ADHD but do have Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in buckfuls.