Hope for the future??

JKF

Sometimes I feel a slight glimmer of hope for the future. It's only during the times I'm not in warrior mode which is rare these days but I'll take what I can get.

Anyway - today is one of those days. I've been relaxed most of the day although our situation remains the same. It was actually a rather chaotic day but surprisingly with very little anxiety in spite of it.

Earlier difficult child called to say he had just missed the first shuttle back to Safe Haven. He was really scared about missing the second one which would put him in a curfew violation. I could tell he actually cared about the curfew for once so I did him a favor and picked him up and drove him back to SH. It was a 20 min ride out of my way on an already tight schedule but it was raining horribly and he was really worried. I told him it was a one time deal and in the future he needs to be at the shuttle at least 15 min before it's scheduled to leave. He agreed and was really genuinely appreciative for the the ride and thanked me several times.

He called before and we chatted for about 20 min. A nice convo with lots of jokes and laughing. He had just finished his assigned chore for the evening (washing dinner dishes) and he was in his new pj pants getting ready to settle in for the night. He started his medications again last night and is a bit tired from them.

It's small things such as these that make me feel hopeful for the future. It's almost torture for me to allow myself to feel this way but it's also nice for a change too. I know the road ahead is still unpaved and bumpy but tonight everything feels "normal" for once.

in a daze

It's small things such as these that make me feel hopeful for the future. It's almost torture for me to allow myself to feel this way but it's also nice for a change too. I know the road ahead is still unpaved and bumpy but tonight everything feels "normal" for once

Glad you had a good day with him and a break from all the drama. That's the way we difficult child parents live...taking it one day at a time...

Calamity Jane

I think a structured environment is very helpful, and Safe Haven provides that. difficult child's often chafe at structure, but healthy structure is something they need so very much.
Glad you had a good day despite the challenges!

A nice conversation for 20 minutes, being scared he will miss the bus so he doesn't break a rule, how wonderful!