I have run away from home!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My husband and kids are driving me nuts so I have left for an indefinite length of time to return a few items at Target.

I am stressed about the homework the difficult child's have to get done this weekend. I am emotionally worn out from the ordeal with Harley, the dead motorcyclist, the difficult child's fighting at the psychiatrists, the difficult child's being difficult child's, husband being a difficult child (his listening skills, both active and otherwise really are maddening lately), the passive aggressive **** from him...

When the first thing I face when I get up this morning is rejection and harsh criticism BEFORE I've even had my coffee... Is it any wonder I'm in a bad mood? Bah! I'm not coming home today until I feel reasonably calm and happy. So there!

TerryJ2

Gcvmom, I hear you!
I thought you'd gotten an apt though. Oh well.
I ran away from home last night, too. I was supposed to go out with-friends but I was not in a partying mood and didn't want the noise, didn't want to listen to other people's stories, good or bad, and just wanted to wander around and/or sleep.
I ended up at Pier 1 Imports and bought a silly gold ball, $4, for decoration. Now I have about 5 balls to put in a bowl.
It's really the pits when running away from home consists of Target or Pier 1, ya know? Whatever happened to a hotel and a spa?
(Whatever happened to women who had money? Too many old b&w movies with-too many idealistic plots. :tongue:)

Star*

call 911........call 911
How strange a coincidence Terry - I was just thinking the other day - I wonder how much my balls cost. I only have 2 so .....you da WOAH-man. Mine aren't gold either, but if I had known you could buy them at Pier One? I would have stood in line. Whoda thunk?

(note to self - shop with Terry - take gcv) wonder if they accept coupons.

TerryJ2

LOL!
They are on sale as we speak.
I have one that is blue and white, very Chinese/British. Another is a globe of the Earth. Another is green and black woven stuff.
Quite a collection.
I don't even like them. My husband bought the first one.
Well, maybe I do like them now, since I have a plan ...

Tiapet

Old Hand
I envision runny away in my dreams all the time these days (only place it's peaceful). I feel like I just want to runaway and go to some nice quiet place, a hotel, draw the curtains make it nice and dark, quiet and peaceful and sleep. Just stay like that. I don't need a spa or even want one. Just away and peace and no thoughts. My luck I'd do that and my dreams would be invaded to the opposite of what they are now and they'd be filled with all the chaos of what is going on back here and incidences with runaways, cops and a house in ruins!!!

I soooo get it!

Star*

call 911........call 911
And the conversation went something like this.......

On the way to the living room.....
HI....
Hi honey....whatch doing?
I'm going to look at my balls.
Wha?
The girls on the board are posting about THEIR balls, I wanted to tell them what MINE looked like.
(just blank stares) no comment (more blank stares) slight nod....complete ambivilance.
Then from the peanut gallery, mumbling as he walks away to the man cave with a sandwhich I hear one, small, faint word.
brass.

ROFLM decorated things.....off.

M

ML

I think you should run away more often. I actually think mine work things out better when I'm not there for them to rely upon.

Also, for years I tried to do everything I could to prevent the oncoming train from hitting us and latley I realize it's too much. Sure, I step back and it hits the fan (think husband and the unemployment fiasco) but sometimes the fallout isn't as bad as you'd feared and in the end is easier than exerting the kind of strength it takes to stop trains.

Hugs,

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, it seems when momma ain't happy everyone scrambles to make better choices and they all but jump up and down to say "See what I did while you were gone?" Ugh. It's pathetic. But at least some chores got done while I was out! :rofl:

Of course, the head-shaking moments will never end in this house. I was making dinner and had to stop to use the restroom, leaving the mashed potatoes sitting in the pot with butter melting and some chicken bouillon brewing in a cup to use in the potatoes since I was out of milk. I came back to the kitchen to find husband mashing and pouring french vanilla non-dairy creamer into the potatoes :surprise::sick: I asked as calmly as I could "Why are you pouring vanilla creamer into that?" To which he replied with great pride, "I'm experimenting!"

I went to the garage to keep from screaming and started folding clothes from the dryer. He came out there to ask if I was o.k. I told him I had an upset stomach and to go ahead and start dinner without me. I'd eat later. :faint: :whiteflag:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Gee gvc..........one would think your husband is driving you as crazy as mine is me....:faint:

Glad you were able to take a short break at least.

((hugs)) Vanilla creamer? Really? Ewww!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Chicken lady, my husband would get "creative" when trying to help ~ not always with the best outcome. :D I'm glad you got out whether to Target or Pier 1. If I can get away it's to an arts supply store - Blick is my favorite.

Stay unhappy today as well - make sure everyone waits on you hand & foot.

KTMom91

My Hubby wouldn't add anything to the potatoes. He'd follow me to the bathroom to tell me there was something boiling on the stove, and that I needed to come fix it.

Miss KT would wait till the something boiled over, and the sound of popping and the smell of burning wafted through the house, to come out of her room and ask, "Is there something on the stove?"

The offer to meet you halfway still stands...just let me know where.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I still remember a certain Miss KT and a spaghetti incident - ROFL

I'm thinking - FRIED chicken......It's what's fer dinner. :tongue:

Star*

call 911........call 911
mmmmmm we have that quite frequently......ROFL.....hey wait a minute....! Does that come with a side order of FRIES?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Stares down at narrow size 10 foot. Not only would it be effective in a specific situation, but it should fit quite nicely in that specific errrrmmmm...location

Star, mine are brass too, so don't feel alone.