I threw my scale in the trash!

I was beholden to that scale! When I was doing "good", meaning my weight was down, I eased up on dieting. Then I was back to square one in no time. I gave up. I was too ashamed to post in this forum.

For the past few weeks, I have been really eating well and not worrying about how much I weigh-if I had a scale I know I wouldn't be able to stay off it. My new stratagy is to eat whenever I'm hungry, so I 'm not suffering, but only things low in fat, and healthy. It's been relatively easy so far. I'm making big pots of hearty vegetable soup, and roasting vegatables for quick reheating.

My pants are way too big, and I'm ready to join you girls again!-Alyssa

KateM

Good news!

Roasted vegetables are my favorite! I roast a large batch then eat them in salads for several days. I love how roasting brings out the sweetness and intensifies the flavors.

Alyssa,

I'm also glad you're back!!! I love roasted veggies.

I think you have a very good attitude - It isn't what the scale says - It's more about living a healthy lifestyle and feeling good physically and mentally too. WFEN

trinityroyal

Yay Alyssa!
That's a great attitude. I think getting rid of the scale makes a world of difference. It's no longer about measuring up to someone else's artificial standard, but about being healthy and taking care of yourself.

Welcome back! We missed you.

Trinity

LittleDudesMom

Alyssa,

Glad you are back. I agree that the scale is not the "be all end of all" of making that healthy life change!

I love roasted veggies too! But, mine are more grilled than roasted. I will scewer yellow and orange peppers, red and white onions, baby bella mushrooms, red pot, and yellow squash. I brush a little olive oil and spicy Mrs. Dash on them and grill. I put them on salads, or sometimes I just have a bowl that I heat in the micro for lunch! Great time of the year to enjoy fruit and veggie!!

Sharon