Idol-2nd Elimination

SRL

I don't know about the rest of you but last night I sat there thinking that out of the thousands and thousands of people in those stadiums, the judges surely could have found better talent.

My daughter who never never misses a moment got sleepy in the middle of it and went to bed without a fuss.

The audio and the band were both better.

Fran

Former desparate mom
There were three that I thought did a pretty good job.
I truly don't get Norman Gentle. Obviously, I don't understand his style of humor. I think he is a moron.

Lothlorien

There were three that I thought did a pretty good job.
I agree. It's a shame they stacked the contestants the way they did, because last week, there was much better talent and only three went through. This week, only three did well, but they weren't better than last week's contestants. The 16 year old with the red hair was probably the best. The last guy was okay (Adam), but being that he's like a Broadway singer, I don't know that he can pull off an idol win. I see him like a Constantine.

DammitJanet

I agree that it was a bit on the boring side this week. Do you think maybe they are stacking the deck with this new way of setting up the top 12?

Think about it...if they put the major talent all in one group of 12...only let us vote on 3...then made us vote on 6 more that we werent really thrilled with...well, we would vote for the first three.

SRL

Yawn. Last night I found myself wishing Nick/Norman had made it through just to keep things amusing.

Adam is over the top for me, and I love musical theater.

Kris wasn't even on my radar. His performance both nights was mediocre. I wouldn't mind him in there normally but the format this year means that far more talented singers (like my guy Anoop) get pushed out. Especially if the judges try to keep the genders balanced through the wildcard. And of course the genders need to be balanced so they can do those group singing numbers!

Janet, I think they are stacking the groups for the ratings. The more controversy, the better.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I forgot about the results show so I had to google for the results this morning.

I'm glad Allison got through. The judges liked Kris even though they didn't like his performance the other night. I don't know about Adam but I thought he did ok.

Slim pickin's the other night, that's for sure.

(maybe the judges will bring back Nick and Tatiana for 2 of their wild card picks)

Suz

Lothlorien

(maybe the judges will bring back Nick and Tatiana for 2 of their wild card picks)

BITE YOUR TONGUE WOMAN!!! They HAVE to bring back Anoop. I don't think they will bring Nick/Norman. If they did, Simon would have a complete hissy (though that would be fun to watch).

DammitJanet

I guess they got the three best ones from last night. I guess they arent going to be going even numbers of men and women this year unless the wild cards make it up. I hope the wild cards arent chosen just based on sex.

Lothlorien

I guess they got the three best ones from last night. I guess they arent going to be going even numbers of men and women this year unless the wild cards make it up. I hope the wild cards arent chosen just based on sex.

Unfortunately, I think it will be. That would be sad, though. In the beginning, it's always guys on one night and girls on the next and it's always been even.

Anoop needs to be back. Danny and Anoop are my favs. I did really like that Allison girl. I think they are going to bring back the blonde with the huge tattoo on her arm. She has a good voice and she is very, very pretty. I don't like that stupid little dance she does though. She has got to lose that.

DammitJanet

That Allison girl reminds me of Taylor Swift and that brings her down a notch in my book simply because I dont like Taylor...lmao.

So Loth...what happens if the voters vote in two more guys next week? That means that the judges cant bring back any other guys during the wild card round. I just dont see it being even this year. I think the judges want to bring back someone like Anoop. I wish they would bring back Kai. He was my sentimental favorite.

SRL

They have 4 guys already and will add 1 next week based on the system. If fans pick a male for the third highest vote getter, then all then male slots will be filled.

If Anoop doesn't make it into the final 12, I'm going to lose interest in the season real fast. Not just because I like him, but because it's all been so manipulated by the groupings.

Lil is a sure thing for the female pick and Scott's got the boost of a backstory and a lot of airtime to go along with his talent.

I saw a mention in a blog that it would be fun to bring back Nick/Norman as a roving reporter for the season. I think he'd be a hoot.

SRL

I think demographics (higher numbers of teen girls and middle aged woman voters) make it more likely for the guys to get through.

Lothlorien

I saw a mention in a blog that it would be fun to bring back Nick/Norman as a roving reporter for the season. I think he'd be a hoot.
That would be a hoot. I don't think we've seen the last of him, at all. He will definitely be on the show again. This wasn't the show for him, but he definitely got his airtime and people know him now. He will have interviews and will be the next William Hung (only he has a much better voice and personality, so I think he will do really well for himself).