im ready for work :)

Jena

so, i went to jcpenny and found some great sales and got a few outfits for work. It was funny I went into the size i used to be and shortly found that hmmm i'm no longer in those sizes LOL.........i was about 2 sizes higher. :tongue:

Anyway, got a great red bag also, so pretty was originally 100 i got it for 19 dollars!! I love red. It is a bit wild for work, yet i liked it.

I also lined up all my sitters for difficult child. I have my old babysitter with whom difficult child likes her kids she'll be filling in and than I set up 2 mornings a week for difficult child to go to school with her best friend and her mom. :)

So, we had the talk tonight I explained in the beginning that Mom has to work 9 to 5 yet after a few weeks I"ll be there to pick her up from school and do homework together and stuff. She took it well, yet who knows. All she said is i will be with diff ppl all week?? I said well I threw in your friends mom 2 days a week because i know how much you loved going in with her that one day. So she said yea i'll be totally excited about that.

Than she brought up the side door that she'll have to go into, etc.

this should prove to be very interesting to see if she's ready to be a little independent or not. I'm writing a note to the teacher as well to keep track of her behaviors and also the anxiety level.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I want this to be good for her and i both.

She's stronger now than she was, I think she may be ready for this for a bit. Than she'll have me back after school shortly once my cases are assigned.

I actually have mixed feelings about starting work again and leaving her believe it or not. I didn't realize how lucky i was to get her off to school everyday. I will miss that terribly, strange I know. I"m afraid of how this will affect her, i hope it's not too much.

ok this post was supposed to be about me lol, hence watercooler and i'ive got difficult child on the brain. :)

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope she adjusts well to the change, too. It's great you've got the childcare situation handled. That would be the toughest part for me. Good luck on your first day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good for you on getting the childcare all set! I think you'll both do fine! I totally understand missing sending her off to school every day. I never have been able to do that and it has always bothered me a bit. on the other hand, I have the same break as the kids-including summer so that's good!

Jena

i worked on the babysitter thing since they told me, but locked it down yesterday. Sharon, that's great I won't have that. So, yes I'm already thinking of summer cause i'm totally insane lol. difficult child has never been placed in camp situation ever, she couldn't handle it up till now. she also has had huge school refusal anxiety in a.m. etc. so this should prove interesting if nothing else.

just dont wanna put any stress on her. i told her though when mom gets her first paycheck i'm taking her on girls only outting :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jennifer, I'm so excited for you - and glad you're excited too!! I love red bags!! You need to have a little bit of yourself in everything you wear and do, I think.

Congrats again!