I'm up & alone (like most nights).....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
and am becoming very aware of every little noise in my 109 year old home.

During the day you don't hear all the little "conveniences" going on & off. This morning I hear every little creak; the ice cubes dropping, the furnace running, etc.

Must be hyper aware this early morning.

SRL

Good morning, Linda, I was right behind you. I crashed last hard night and the cat woke me at 4am. Thank goodness he did because my hus...er....Santa forgot to haul out the gifts and do up the stockings. I just remembered they forgot to put out the shrimp last night. Oh well, more for today!

My ice cube maker is so loud I hear it night and day! Our house is actually a pretty quiet house until the winds pick up and then it's creaky. I grew up in an older, noisier house though so I know exactly what you mean.

katya02

Solace
Good morning all ... couldn't sleep, with a migraine and a cat purring loudly and trying to sprawl all over my chest. At least it will be a quiet day ...

One thing I love about our house is the silence. We don't have forced air heat so there's no furnace and fan noise. We're rural enough to have no traffic, no light pollution - I love it.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Shoot...you could have driven a bull dozer through my house and I wouldn't have heard it. It's my ONE day I don't have to get up at midnight to go to work. I just woke up to 3 purring cats sprawled out on me purring madly. That's about 45lbs of cat!

Abbey

LittleDudesMom

Hey Linda,

you know I'm in an old one too and they definately are living and breathing! You are right, you don't notice it much during the day, but in the quiet of night......

Sharon