Jumper and fiance bought their own house!

BusynMember

I am so happy for my baby. She and Sonic are my kids who had very little materially, and asked for nothing, because hub and I had little. With inheritance from my dear father we were able to give them a down payment on a very nice home....3 beds, big kichen, big yard, basement, was bank owned... nice town! They will have low monthly payments (in the 500s) and low taxes. Fiance has good job and good credit. Jumper works and is in school too. Going to police academy this next year though. Once she gets out, they will have two solid paychecks.

I am so glad we could make her life easier...Sonic will now inherit money too. I was afraid we would never be able to help them. They never cared, but I did.

Jumper is very sweet and likes to write nice letters on holidays. Her last one, on my birthday, said (paraphrasing) "You say you feel bad that you never gave me anything but Dad and you gave me EVERYTHING(this she daughter say like this and cspitslized and underscored it)...unconditional love, guidance, friendship, support, seeing that love can last....i had the world (she said this as well verbatim) I love you both so much."

And we love you so much too, Jumper.

Estherfromjerusalem

Oh SWOT, you made me cry. That is just so beautiful, that she was able to express that in words that mean so much.

And I am so happy for you that you are seeing her settling down nicely. You really have done well with her, and now you can enjoy peace of mind, which you rightly deserve.

Love, Esther

Fran

Former desparate mom
What wonderful news about how well jumper is doing and her priorities. Much to be thankful for. Enjoy every moment.

BusynMember

Thanks. She and Sonic have really grown into loving, capable adults. Princess has as well. You have been here a long time and remember the challenges they faced so it means so much that you commented. Most people here were not around then. Thanks and I am tickled that things are going well for you and your kids too. :)

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
SWOT

How very exciting. Good job mom! You taught them how to adult all on their own very well.

I am glad they make you proud

BusynMember

Thanks LBL. We gave them a big down payment but fiance has good credit and they got the bank loan based on that. Hereafter they are on their own.

Sonic snd Jumper have always been fun, rewarding kids. I would love to take the credit, but they just seemed to be born happy and lovng. Bart...a challenge always. I believe its mostly DNA.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Thanks LBL. We gave them a big down payment but fiance has good credit and they got the bank loan based on that. Hereafter they are on their own.

Sonic snd Jumper have always been fun, rewarding kids. I would love to take the credit, but they just seemed to be born happy and lovng. Bart...a challenge always. I believe its mostly DNA.
DNA can only get you so far. We are Bio Psycho social beings.

Lil

I had to wipe tears! I PRAY for the day all of us can hear words like that from our children. How wonderful! She's a lucky girl and you are a lucky mom!

BusynMember

Im a lucky mom. Thats how I see it. We had Thanksgiving at Princesses house last weeked and we all had to trace our hand, cut it out and write what we are thankful for. My three kids who were there were amazing. Sonic's thankful words gave me a lump in my throat. "i am thankful to have such a loving and accepting family and extended family. Love, sonic

I wonder who he thinks his extended family is lol. He doesnt really have one.

I wrote I am thankful for the best husband and greatest kids and grand daughter ever (and awesome dogs too.) It was a very warm and fuzzy holiday. The girls are twelve years apartin age and finally getting very close and everyone adores Sonic and Jumpers fiance is so incredibly likable and Princess is SUCH a great chef. I am getting tearyeyed.. no doubt Bart will never join us and Goneboy is gone, but I feel so warm and fuzzy around my special loved ones. I felt like I was in a Hallmark card. I never expected my life to turn out so good.

Thank you all! Have a great holiday!

Last edited:

svengandhi

SWOT -

Congratulations on everything that is going well. However, not to threadjack, but please consult with a lawyer before giving Sonic an inheritance. IF he has received public benefits over the years, they could constitute a lien and might have to be paid back from the inheritance. You could look into a special needs trust or just keep the money yourself and dole it out and use it for him. Your state might be different, but please look into this.