Let's see if he can keep the job...

tryagain

Thanks Dazed; I am hoping for the best for you and your difficult child, too. You are right, it is very hard having them under your roof but we know this is temporary, and if we can just get her launched to an apartment, then maybe we can regain our previous somewhat peaceful empty nest existence.

She CANNOT live with us again. I do not want to go back to another reign of terror when she has a mood swing.

She just called me and has already gone back to another shift of work without any sleep last night! She never came in, but texted that she was "fine" around 2:30 AM and we were hoping she was sleeping at a friend's, but she had drunk a Monster drink to keep herself up in order to close the shop at 2:00 AM. She knows that this is very dangerous for a bipolar person because she HAS to have her sleep or she could go into a mood swing, but she does not listen to me. Counting the days until she moves into the apartment. It cannot come too soon.

Well, keep me updated on how your son does, and I hope all goes well!

in a daze

Hi TA,
He was fired today.

Jobs with regular daytime hours are much better for bipolar and mentally ill people. My son's psychiatrist strongly recommended he quit his night shift job...that was a few years ago. But it's so hard to get a job now a days. It sounds like she is determined to make a go of it. Sometimes, you can't tell them anything, they have to learn the hard way.

See my other thread re: above.