Megamillions

Tiapet

Old Hand
So how many of you are going to join the band wagon and play the record breaking jackpot megamillion drawing for Friday? Are you playing it on your own or part of a work pool? How many tickets will you buy if you do play? Just curious on who wants in. I generally never do lottery but as a joke I said to SO that we should play it.

I'll take the ticket to the counter and hand it to them but when the lottery ticket is printed and handed back, I'm not touching it! I'm going to let youngest difficult child get it and hold onto it and put it somewhere. I'm telling you that kid has the luck o' the Irish or something. I don't know what it is but anything that has to do with luck, like school prizes in contest, finding money this kid has it! He has won prizes or found money I can't tell you how many times. IF ONLY this could be one of those times it would be amaaaaaaazing wouldn't it be???

Well I can dream can't I? LOL:fantasysmiley:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Do they tell you how to do it, cuz I've never done it before............. LOL

Aw, what's a dollar?

I only play scratch offs when I have the urge.........cuz when I get the urge, I win, everytime. Used to drive husband nuts. lol (he rarely won) Nichole has the same "gift".

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hound, just go in with cash and say - I'd like $5 (or whatever) on the megamillions.

Do you want a kicker? ($1 extra) - I usually say no.

Used to be they'd ask lump sum or payments, now they don't.

lmf64

I was thinking I need to buy some tickets, but after reading this maybe I should have difficult child buy the tickets. He's on a lucky streak this week, after being hit by the car and not being injured majorly.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Here ya go hound
http://www.megamillions.com/

if it's available in your state.

And, for those of you who want to really dig into this more....

The were talking about this on Good Morning America this morning what to do if you do play (like what you should do if you should win, etc...)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL, yes they do offer it in our state (which is good, because after today I'm actually buying a ticket). And I know that they offer it in lump or payments, but they don't ask anymore... Do they just assume lump (you actually get less before taxes) or do they let you choose later?

Wiped Out

Staff member
While we were in Michigan this week (home for the funeral) a bunch of us in difficult child's family all put in $5.00 plus husband is in a pool at work with it-they put in $2 each week.

InsaneCdn

Hear ye, hear ye.
Anybody on this board who lands a mega jackpot like this... had better be coughing up a very sizable donation to the firm that keeps this board running... so that the "board" itself doesn't have to worry about its existance for a long while...

JMO, of course...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My monthly W.I.N.E. (Women In Need of Entertainment) group is pooling our money for the drawing today. I try not to think about "what if" -- drives me nuts to do stuff like that. husband, on the other hand, is Mr. What If and will obsess for hours over different scenarios for things.

Tiapet

Old Hand
So we've decided that everyone here is going to pick 2 sets of numbers and then we'll do 2 quick picks. That should cover it! Oh wait, forgot about the furkids.......lol guess we'll have to add on a few for them. Wonder if I can have them put their paws on numbers? I know, I'll have difficult children put numbers on note cards or something like it. Have the fur kitties romp around and play and pick some and then have furpup point to some! Yeah that's the ticket(s). LOL

Tia whose gone megacrazy this afternoon after IEP transision meeting H*ll

CrazyinVA

Staff member
OK, I'm in. Our office pool was $10.. so I hesitated.. but wth. You gotta play to win.

If I win, there will be silence for awhile, while contact my lawyer and financial advisor, and change my phone number :)

Californiablonde

I just bought my very first mega millions ticket this morning at the donut store. Fridays is our special "donut day" and the lady at the counter always asks me if I want to buy one. I always decline. I finally figured what the heck and spent the dollar and got one. I feel silly for saying this but I don't know when or what channel to watch. I'm a rookie. Will have to ask one of my coworkers.