Memo message to Witzend...

witzend

You know that commercial where the cute young woman has her little memo recorder and is making her shopping list for "eggs, milk, bread" then goes to the store and listens to it? I need one of those things but I need to put it on a chain around my neck like one of those Life Alert things. That way when I stand up and walk into the other room I might actually know what I went in there for! I'm not kidding, it's more than a daily occurrence, I have four or five other thoughts by the time I get to the other room and I have no clue why I am there! Then I see something else there in the other room, and start with that and forget what it was I was doing before I needed something that I got up to get!

:laugh:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have one......

For that reason..........EXACTLY for that reason.........

Problem is - you HAVE to remember to push the button to remember the thing that you forgot from room to room to remember to not forget. :surprise:

And just forget my response.....i think.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have one of those too Witz......they are great.....if you can remember what you were talking about......wait.....a .....minute.....did I post this before?

Sorry

Star*

call 911........call 911
WHO ARE YOU AGAIN?

Anyway get yourself one of those little recording voice things like the woman on that thing that has movies on it you know the the thing - where she's standing there recording herself to get those things chickens have....and the cow stuff.....but put it on a chain....not like a dog chain but liek the chain on a ceiling fan type chain and then...

Wait - do you hear the tea kettle?

:redface::tongue:

Okay so when you water the plants - put a butter dish lid under it and then soak your kneehighs in club soda, and the knots will come right out of the chain.

MMMMMMM HMMMM ........and FEED THE DOG....

witzend

:rofl: You just described my morning to a T! There are loads of dirty laundry lying sorted out all over the floor because otherwise, even though I have the alarms on the washer and dryers set to deafening, I'd forget that I was doing laundry! husband hates it! He always stuffs everything back in the basket and drags it to the washer, which is just in the other room. Well, I hope he plans to do the laundry because out of sight, out of mind. Of course he wouldn't know anything about that, now would he? Because the laundry fairies, the bill paying fairies, the cooking fairies, the shopping fairies, the cleaning lady (yes, we pay her), keep coming by the house to take care of his every need! Why not shove it all back into the basket in the other room? It always gets done somehow!

And for what it's worth? I still don't know what it was I got up from my chair for earlier. :p

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG! This is sooooooo my life. :faint:

But see.......I use the brain injury as an excuse, when I suspect it's just plain old age. ;)

And if I have to spend an hour looking for car keys that are in my frimpin' pocket again I'm gonna need a padded room. argh!

F

flutterbee

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My mom told me to use sticky notes. Told her I'd have to stick it to my forehead or I'd forget where I put the sticky note. I had a sticky note, by the way, on my computer monitor directly in front of me that read, "dentist", for about 3 weeks before I actually remembered to call the dentist. After about 5 minutes, the sticky note just becomes part of the scenery. :rofl:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I get the joy of blaming mine on my BiPolar (BP)... I have the fun racing thoughts... like right now I am trying to type this but i just looked down the hall and saw the laundry... hmmm dirty clothes. Oh yeah there is a load in the washer... oh look dirty dishes. Hmmm, dishes- what should I cook for dinner? N wont want it anyway, I am not making another G'damn buritto... why does K have to be so hyper when I pick her up from school. But sometimes she is not hyper... well then she is down, she will probably want to swim today, but it looks cloudy. hmm. should they get to watch a movie tonight, dessert... husband's parents are coming into town tomorrow, I don't want the girls to be too tired....

Oh yeah RACING THOUGHTS.... they never stop!!! Which now I am thinking...hmmm maybe I need a medication change, my psychiatrist apt is in a week I had better make a note to ask about this, I hope I like her...
Great topic Witz

donna723

This all sounds so very familiar. Glad I'm not the only one!

I have actually been driving down the road and thrown myself into a temporary panic because I suddenly realized that my car keys weren't in my pocket where they usually are! Must have LOST them! :surprise: And then I go, "Well, duh!"

:916blusher:

mstang67chic

Going Green
We should all get togther someplace............if we remembered to show up.

I swear I am completely freaked out by the though of menopause. I had those shots about 8 or 9 years ago (can't remember exactly...go figure) that put you into a temporary drug induced menopause. O. M. G. My brain shrunk. It's only been recently (like the past couple of years) that it's gotten much better but it is still nowhere near where it used to be. If this happens again with a natural menopause.........I'm so scr3w3d.

Andy

I can not get pregnant again - don't have enough brain cells left. I swear, with BOTH my pregancies I literally felt half of my brain cells dying. Such a weird felling! I truly don't feel as "smart" as I used to be - Now who told my easy child that, she has been using it against me since the day she was born! Hopefully I will be smart again when she moves out.

I do things like Donna and her keys.

I am a list writer because of it. While at work, I will add things that I need to do or purchase to a list. I will also call home and leave a message on the answer machine to remind myself of something.

witzend

I finally remembered what it was I was going to do this morning the fifth time I walked into the other room to do it. The other four times I found something else I could have done but I was so mad that I couldn't figure out what I went in there to do what I meant to do I wasn't going to do anything else, either!

F

flutterbee

'stang - I had those shots, too. I don't remember them effecting my memory. I just wanted to kill someone and I wasn't picky about who. No more shots after I told the doctor that. :rofl:

I lost many brain cells with pregnancy, too. I got really stupid after I had Wynter. :confused:

Andy

Does anyone remember the jingle on Sesame Street about the little boy sent to the store to get, "A dozen eggs, a container of milk, and a stick of butter." Was that it? I don't think the eggs are right but I am sure it ended with "and a stick of butter"?

I use to remember it everytime I thought about grocery shopping.