Memo message to Witzend...

donna723

In the last few months, I've probably walked in to the kitchen a hundred times and then couldn't remember what I went in there for! When I do that, so it's not a totally wasted trip, I always fill up a little container and water the plants! At least my plants look good! By the time I finish doing that, usually I'll remember why I went in there in the first place!

I just have so much stuff flittering through my mind all the time, I get distracted easily. I do laundry and then forget to put it in the dryer. I fill the sink with the dirty dishes and then get busy with something else and don't wash them. And I cringe to think what my water bill will be this month! The other day I got the big water bowl that I use for my outside cats and put it in the bathroom sink to fill. There's not much water pressure in that faucet - you can't hear the water running in the sink - and it takes a while for the bowl to fill so I started doing something else ... I went in the bathroom an hour later and the water was still running in to the cats bowl and right down the drain!

witzend

'stang - I had those shots, too. I don't remember them effecting my memory. I just wanted to kill someone and I wasn't picky about who. No more shots after I told the doctor that. :rofl:

I lost many brain cells with pregnancy, too. I got really stupid after I had Wynter. :confused:

Don't worry, you'll get way smarter when she's grown and gone!

Andy

I think I remember the Sesame Street jingle:

"A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter"

I can still picture the little boy walking to the store with all the distractions of the street around him repeating the above phrase in his head over and over. He was so proud when he returned home with what his mom sent him to the store for.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
My husband picks on me about this very thing. Because he will know when I walk into the next room and he sees my face that i have forgotten why I came in there. Course finding things these days is also not so much fun.

beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My H says that the teenagers have suc.ked out my brains...and that's why I can't remember anything anymore...he claims that I shouldn't worry because once they leave, I should be fine. When are they going to leave??

I have one of those recorders, Witz - it doesn't work because I forget to take it with me and it's sitting, covered in dirt and dust at the bottom of my junk drawer - I think.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ALLRIGHT - I got all the laundry done -

Unfortunately it was not mine - It was Witz'......

Maybe you should take Wynter's advice and write yourself a sticky note to get one of those recorder things......

And you think YOU have it tough? I have a gray, fuzzy, burrito staring at me from the top of my monitor....don't I TOTO ? :tongue:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You know how many times I have gone into the kitchen in the morning and found something in the oven... say, taco shells, pizza... whatever.
Last week I left a pizza in the back of my van!!! It is still in the upper 90-100's here!!! MMMMM.... my car still smells good.
I have sticky notes on my sticky notes...
Yet you know what is funny? I never forget things I say!!! Especially when arguing with husband...

Stella Johnson

! Because the laundry fairies, the bill paying fairies, the cooking fairies, the shopping fairies, the cleaning lady (yes, we pay her), keep coming by the house to take care of his every need! Why not shove it all back into the basket in the other room? It always gets done somehow!

And for what it's worth? I still don't know what it was I got up from my chair for earlier. :p

Can you arrange for those fairies to please please please come to my house? I need them desperately since I'm still basicly one handed... I think it would be a nice gesture since I'm crippled right now.;)

steph

Ahhhhhh... I'm right there with you ladies! This is me getting out the door: Look for keys, find keys, lose coffee, find coffee lose keys again, and pocketbook, find pocketbook, remember to get lunch, lose coffee again and pocketbook.......etc, I feel like a complete freak trying to leave. My new thing is to put stuff by the front door as I "find " things, so I can actually get to work. It must be A.D.D.-Alyssa

I also keep one of those magnet memo pads from the dollar store on my fride, where I can write my list of daily chores I need to do.

donna723

I've got my morning getting-out-the-door routine down to such a science! I put my shoes on right before I leave so I put everything I have to take with me on the end table next to where I sit to get my shoes on (if I remember). I aways put my keys in the same place, third shelf of the bookcase, right next to daughters wedding picture, so I haven't lost them yet. Then when I'm going out the door, before I close it, I take a mental inventory to make sure I have my keys, my lunch, my purse and my coffee mug before I lock the door behind me. One horrible morning I forgot my coffee ... I was driving down the road, reached for it, and it wasn't there! :surprise: I reached for it and grabbed air at least fifty times before I got to work! When I came home, there it was, still sitting on the end table, abandoned and cold!

I've found that, if my hands are full, it's even easier for me to forget something that I need to take with me.

And has anybody else ever been in such a rush to get out the door that, halfway to where you're going, you look down just to make sure you're wearing matching shoes? I made it as far as the gas station one morning before I noticed that I was still wearing my old ratty 'lawn mowing' shoes that I slip on to take the dogs outside!

Andy

husband dug out a stamp for me to mail a letter yesterday. I have no idea when I put the letter down but it was still there when he got home, "I see you still have that envelope to mail."

I am exactly like Donna. Pick something up, get distracted (most likely with the kids), put it down, pick something else up, get distracted (most likely with the kids), put it down. This goes on within the three minutes of leaving the house. Funny how ALL the kid's stuff get to the car - it is just mine that doesn't. :) I think I need my mom to move in to help get my stuff out the door.

witzend

Can you arrange for those fairies to please please please come to my house? I need them desperately since I'm still basicly one handed... I think it would be a nice gesture since I'm crippled right now.;)

steph

I don't know, they're pretty tired and still sipping the HMJ right now...

witzend

Oh, man! Getting out the door takes forever! To the garage door, back to the bedroom for my watch. Back to the garage. Where's my coffee? In the bedroom. It's empty. Gotta fill it up! Back out to the car this time. Where's my i-pod and phone? i-pod is dead still sitting in the player in the car from yesterday, phone is... huh?

I have to admit, I never have troubles with my keys anymore unless husband gets ahold of them. I got a lip balm thing a while back with a little caribiner (sp? - one of those hooks) about an inch and a half long on it. I clipped that to my key ring with just my car and house key on it, and clip that to the ring on the strap of my purse. The key ring with all of the other keys that rarely get used go inside my purse in a pocket.

trinityroyal

Oh, man! Getting out the door takes forever! To the garage door, back to the bedroom for my watch. Back to the garage. Where's my coffee? In the bedroom. It's empty. Gotta fill it up! Back out to the car this time. Where's my i-pod and phone? i-pod is dead still sitting in the player in the car from yesterday, phone is... huh?

Trinity Royal, This. Is. Your Life.

I can't tell you how glad I am that I'm not the only one. All these years, I thought it was the ADHD...

In a typical day I will
- leave the house in my stocking feet because I forgot to put on shoes
- point my car remote at the car to unlock it, then back at the house to lock the front door
- leave 4 or 5 half-finished cups of tea lying around various parts of the house, because I keep forgetting that I've already made one
- kick my shoes off under the kitchen table, my desk or wherever I happen to be sitting, then run around frantically because I've lost my shoes (this happens at the office too, much to the amusement of my co-workers as I wander the halls in my stocking feet, muttering to myself)

Andy, I remember that Sesame Street jingle really well. Problem is, I find myself thinking of loaves of bread and sticks of butter when I should be remembering where I left my shoes.

Sigh...

Trinity

busywend

A loaf of bread, a stick of butter and a cup of milk.

I win!!!

But, sadly I am right there with you ladies and I thought there was something wrong with me. I guess I am normal!!! LOL!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You guys have no clue what a relief this is. :rofl:

I've got class soon and am about to go out of my mind searching for my chemistry goggles which should be in my book bag but have mysteriously vanished. (vanished could mean that I've put them somewhere safe which means to say I may not find them until sometime next spring. )

It can take me a half hour just to get out the door, and down the street it'll hit me that I've forgotten something. ugh

DammitJanet

At least you guys forget actual things! I cant remember words and phrases!

I also do the roaming from room to room stuff along with the getting lost going to the store and having to call home to find out just what it was I was going to the store for...but I will be having a conversation and get lost smack dab in the middle of it! Uhhh...what was I saying? You know...that thing-a-majig that does the whatchamacallit. Its kinda tiny and little...and oh heck...I cant remember!

I will literally forget complete words. Ask Heather...lol.

witzend

:rofl: Janet, that words thing is tough on me too! Except I only eventually get to "thingamajig" or "whosyacallit". I start with the six degrees of seperation. "You know, that guy that was in that funny spoof movie in the 1970's, and won the Oscar for that other movie he was in with Paul Newman? The white haired guy that's not the one that used to be in the western tv show in the 1960's and makes f*rt jokes but the one that used to be on that big soap opera one in the 1980's with the guy that was on I Dream of Jeannie... anyway I'll think of his name later."

Fast forward four hours, and I will have come up with "Naked Gun", "Cool Hand Luke", Leslie Nielson, "The Virginian", Larry Hagman, and - wait for it - George Kennedy!