Mouse in house

Steely

So...the mice are still here....they seem to "not like" poison...so I asked the lady at the hardware store what she uses and she says:

"We use snuggles, our friend's boa constrictor. He is great, he just comes in, sucks the mice right up, and then snuggles with us."
"Snuggles?" I ask.
"Yes, well he will crawl right into the crook of your arm and nuzzle your face and lick you!"
:pet:
Well, alrighty then.......sounds like it is time for a new pet. LOL.

susiestar

Roll With It
I would completely and totally adore having a snake. Esp a boa. I have actually considered even a king snake, not nearly as cool as a boa, to deal with our problems with mice. Won't happen, thank you is not comfortable with the idea. As a kid I was not ever allowed to have one, or even babysit my favorite one, because my Gma would never set foot in our home again. Even after we moved to OK and KNEW she would NEVER come visit us (would not travel that far) I still couldn't have one.

I won't put my desire for a pet above my child's deep fear of snakes. I don't understand it at all, esp having grown up adoring one specific snake, but I have my own fears and my kids don't insist I bring those things into my home.

If you have cats and put poison out, add a bit extra to the cats feedings or even an extra feeding. It helps to keep them from being tempted to mouse.

susiestar

Roll With It
If using peppermint oil, buy a bottle of Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap. Even greatly diluted it still smells like peppermint and can be used for literally almost anything, from dishes to hand washing laundry to counters to floors to cars etc.... It may seem pricey for a small bottle, but when you don't have to buy other cleaners, spray cleaners, etc.... and you realize how a little goes a very long long long way, it becomes a good deal.

I do find that it is hideous on hair though. Good on other stuff, but NOT hair.