Police

pasajes4

My son tried to break into my house this afternoon. I was at home with my daughter and grandson. He was totally out of control. I was on hold for 911 for 10 min. before they took my call. I now have a splintered door frame. They finally arrived and took him away.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Pasa, how scary for you, your daughter and grandson. How awful that you were on hold for 10 min. I'm glad they finally showed up to help and take him into custody. I'm sorry you had to go through that and that you now have a damaged door.
Other than being shaken up, I hope you are all ok.

Sending hugs and prayers for all of you!!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Passa that is so frightening. I know how frightening the aggression is let alone the violence.

I hope you, your daughter and GS are safe secure and not too distressed by this assault. That 10 minutes must have felt like 10 hours.

Hearts and hugs are with you tonight.
:angel3:
:staystrong::notalone:

pasajes4

My grandson told me if son got through the door, he would take care of him for me. My daughter was dealing with this with her husband. Just another day in our upside down world.

pasajes4

I do have an alarm and it was going off like crazy. I had started calling before it escalated to that point. This is the first time I had ever experenced a wait time.

pasajes4

OK. I just read my last reponse.......frst time I had to wait for them to take a call. Guess that just about says it all. The police have been here many times.

Jabberwockey

Sorry you had to deal with this Pasa. As someone who works in pseudo-law enforcement, I find the fact that you had to wait on hold for ten minutes on the EMERGENCY line! This is unacceptable. Unfortunately, more and more here lately the actions, or the lack thereof, of our nations law enforcement officers are becoming more and more unacceptable. I understand that they have responded to calls from you about your son quite a lot but that's no excuse.

Lil

Oh Pasa, I'm sorry I haven't been on much...out of town. How frightening that must have been...and how sad for you all to have had to go thru it. Clearly you did the right thing. I am so sorry.

so ready to live

Pasa. I get it (installing security system, changing locks x 2, hiding in my bedroom when I hear his truck are not precious memories) Peace to you and all of us who struggle with "what shouldn't be". Prayers.

Copabanana

pasa. i am sorry. how terrifying. how wrong on so many levels. honestly. i do not know what to say about the experience of an attempted home invasion by a child.

is there a restraining order in place?

would a good security door give you any sense of protection? home depot has a nice looking one that is a solid perforated sheet of steel for $169, i think.

would you consider something like havng mace? it is not a solution. but for all intents and purposes you were not only attacked by your son; this was an atttack. you were left to defend yourself alone. and in the greater sense you were responsible to protect your daughter and grandchild.

did you ever move?

pasa. i am so sorry.