Power of Attorney?

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by StillStanding, Jan 30, 2017.

  1. StillStanding

    StillStanding Active Member

    Has anyone attempted Power of Attorney for their ALO? Not as drug use solution but more to manage life expenses? (i.e. managing their SSI (or equivalent) to pay for housing, etc.)
  2. Nancy

    Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

    I'm sorry I have not. If the person is on SSI I would guess that you would have to go to court to unless the person agrees to allow you to become POA.
  3. ForeverSpring

    ForeverSpring Well-Known Member

    I am my sons payee but he agreed with it. We went to court. I am pretty sure if he fought it there could be a nasty court battle. You need proof the person cant do it himself fie to disabilty. So get ypur sons mefical revords together and a recommemdation.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  4. StillStanding

    StillStanding Active Member

    Ok thanks. I think this might be a good approach. There's never any money left as soon as it touches his hands. :(
  5. Percy

    Percy Member

    ALO? (sorry, I'm still new)
  6. ForeverSpring

    ForeverSpring Well-Known Member

    If you can get the court to do it, i think many of our adult kids could benefit from it. I am not sure its easy to get.
  7. StillStanding

    StillStanding Active Member

    ALO = Addicted Loved One