Prayers/good thoughts needed

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole has been discharged. The swelling is gone from her hands and face. She's still feeling yukky but nothing like when she was admitted. Seems with strong IV antibiotics ect her kidneys have rallied and are now within the normal range although her output is still somewhat low and she' on the high line of "normal".

Still enough for doctor to discharge her safely. Although any reoccurance of symptoms and she's to go right back. She'll have to go thru wacky fam doctor to get the referal to the nephrologist. grrrr.

easy child is breathing easy now. But I'm not. I know that those high side of normal labs aren't what they appear to be. As a kidney patient I know that it really isn't that good of news. Yes her kidneys are not longer failing, but they still aren't functioning at the level they should be. Most especially for a girl her age. Know what I mean??

So......all I can do is hope I can convince her to go thru with the nephrologist. doctor would've let her stay another day but Nichole doesn't want to risk missing work when she's on the brink of being hired permanently. So he gave her a really strong antibiotic and she's under orders to push water. Which I've no doubt she'll do.

That was a scare and a half. Could've turned ugly fast. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. The power of this board is amazing. :D

((hugs))

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Lisa - first off put away the guilt. My dad (an epileptic from birth) had 3 out of 6 children with epilepsy. Who knew? He didn't. You didn't.

I'm sorry she was discharged so soon. Sounds like the nephrologist was good; why doesn't N switch family docs?

Saying prayers for N; for you & your peace of mind, strength with watching the boys & every other little thing that's going on. Take care of you or you won't be any good for N.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't get why something like this has flown under the radar for so long with Nichole. I use a smaller town hospital with a major hospital about sixty miles away.

Right after I had my emergency bowel surgery, my kidneys all but shut down. They had a nephrologist up from the major hospital the very same day.

After all the treatments and since then, my kidneys seem to be doing OK, but I STILL have to get blood panels run every six months for that and I am under orders to report any swelling, decrease in output, etc.

Like Nichole, my numbers are towards the high end of normal and it's something that has to be watched even though there is no hx of kidney problems in my family,