Prayers Needed

BloodiedButUnbowed

My younger stepson tried to commit suicide last night by overdosing on his father’s heart medication.

He almost succeeded.

We are in the ICU at his bedside.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Oh my so sorry to hear this!!

It seemed he was doing good for a while but then you saw something coming.....

Keep us posted.

Prayers.

AppleCori

Prayers from Iowa.

I can't imagine what you are going through right now.

Let us know how things are going....

Apple

HMBgal

Oh no. This is something so many of us fear, me included, with my grown depressed daughter, and my very troubled grandson (her son). All the good thoughts and prayers in the world speeding your way.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
My younger stepson tried to commit suicide last night by overdosing on his father’s heart medication.

He almost succeeded.

We are in the ICU at his bedside.
Oh my dear Culturana;

I am so very sorry to hear this. I would not have even imagined one would use cardiac medication to attempt suicide. This is truly tragic.

I hope he recovers quickly and get the help he need to heal emotionally. And that there is healing time for all of you.
:notalone:

BloodiedButUnbowed

Thank you all for your prayers. Please keep them coming.

After a brief period where it seemed he was rebounding, my younger stepson suffered a seizure and went into cardiac arrest. He coded no less than four times. Thankfully, he has excellent medical care, and they were able to keep him alive.

At present he is on full life support with heart and lung bypass. The odds are against him but his youth and overall good health prior to this overdose will help him fight.

We know for certain this was a suicide attempt. We found texts between him and his girlfriend where he stated that he had taken the pills and intended to end his life. Much to her credit, his girlfriend immediately called the police and with her mother, notified the boys’ father.

He took ten extended release pills so the full impact of the overdose did not hit him until he seized.

My wife insisted that I come home to care for our cat and get as much sleep as I can. I have important meetings at school tomorrow that I cannot miss, however I will be receiving updates all day and if he passes I will immediately leave. Regardless, I will be back to the hospital tomorrow evening. I will take Thursday off and if he does pass away, obviously beyond that. I feel beyond guilty that I am not there with her but all things considered she is doing quite well.

I am in shock and trying not to relive every awful moment before trying to go to sleep. I have taken my prescribed anti anxiety medications and am heading into a warm bath. I hope to sleep for six or so hours.

Please keep praying for us. I do believe they work.

pigless in VA

culturanta, I don't have the magic words. Know that I care and I am very glad that you are a support for your wife. I am proud of his girlfriend for acting responsibly and quickly. Sending more love and healing thoughts ~~~~~~~~