Progress

Californiablonde

Well I went to my second weight watchers meeting on Saturday and got weighed. I had been on the plan for a total of five full days and I lost 2.4 pounds! I know I sound silly for being excited over a small weight loss, but at least I'm making progress. I was hoping to at least lose a pound. I was preparing myself for disappointment by telling myself I had only been on the plan five days and I probably wouldn't see the scale move any. I was pleasantly surprised. The best thing is that so far it's been pretty easy to stick to it. I don't feel like I have sacrificed much in the way of food. I am looking forward to even more loss in the summer time when I can go to the gym ever day and get a lot more excercise. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I am super excited and motivated to lose the rest of this weight!

InsaneCdn

When you start eating more healthy, one of the things that naturally drops is the sodium/salt in your diet... which drops the fluid retention. Those first few pounds are often "water loss", which isn't the same as "fat loss" but which DOES indicate better bio-chemical balance. So, no matter which type of loss it was, it's a BIG WIN.

Way To Go!

Californiablonde

Thank you, Ladies. I am tracking all my points and so far it's working. I was a little worried over the weekend when I used my free points. I'm allowed 100 over the course of a week and I didn't even use them all, but I was still worried I might have gained weight. The plan seems too good to be true. I can have a piece of cake or a scoop of ice cream and still not cheat and lose weight. It's pretty easy and I'm sure it won't be hard to stick to in summer. Usually the heat kills my appetite and I drink a lot of sugar free ice tea and water instead of having a bunch of snacks. I am excited.

Bunny

The extra points over the course of the week are a great thing because you can indulge in something like a piece of cake or a scoop of ice cream without "cheating" and without feeling like you have to deprive yourself of something sweet. You're off to a great start! Keep it up!

Californiablonde

Well I only lost 1.4 pound last week. I sorta cheated on Tuesday and went over my points a little. One of my student's parents brought in a huge mexican feast for lunch and I lost track of points. I already used up my free points over the weekend so I didn't have any left. Mexican food is my favorite and I couldn't resist. I had a cheese enchilada, a taco, and rice and beans. I should have only had fruit and veggies for dinner to make up for it but instead I made spaghetti. So I was hoping I didn't gain anything. I got weighed last Saturday and found out I lost a little more than a pound. So I guess that's better than nothing. I am not going to cheat at all whatsoever this week to make up for it. One pound a week isn't good enough for me. So far I have lost three and a half pounds in two weeks. One of my friends recently lost 20 pounds in six weeks on weight watchers so I know I can lose it fast like her if I really try hard enough. No more big meals and I am going to start excersising every day starting my summer break, which is in less than two weeks. I could start now but honestly I am so tired at the end of the work day and I don't have the motivation to do it now. So I will wait. Just wanted to update y'all and let you know how I'm doing. Wish me luck!

InsaneCdn

CB... one pound a week, every week, is a bit "slow", but... to have the occasional week where it's "just" a pound? DO NOT beat yourself up over it. How many times in a year do the parents throw a Mexican feast for the staff? Sure ain't weekly, and you're off for the summer anyway, right?!

Do NOT get caught up specifically in "this week's" numbers. Lose something every week, and look at the "accumulated" total. That number is far more important.

Californiablonde

I am just anxious and really impatient. My coworker's fat comment really got to me. I want to lose noticable weight by the time I go back to work September 1st. Last summer I busted my butt and lost 15 pounds. When I came back to work not one person noticed or said anything. Since then I gained back that 15 pounds plus some. I am really hoping to have lost noticeable weight by the time I start my job again. My goal is to lose 43 pounds and I know there's no possible way I'm going to lose all that in two and a half months, but half of it would be nice. I am not going to beat myself up for last week cause truly that mexican food was awesome and I think I deserved it. But no more big meals like that for me. I hope I will have lost at least two pounds this week. I find out on Saturday. I will try not to be too disappointed if I don't lose much more, but it's hard.