Ratings system...

Pink Elephant

After reading Runawaybunny's post, I feel just terrible tonight. Been feeling absolutely awful for the past few hours.

I feel like I'm letting all of you down by not adding a LIKE to your entries, or whatever rating is befitting of your post.

Going to do my best to forget I ever started this thread.

Copabanana

Look. OH. One thing I have learned here is that I am more sensitive to slights, real or not, or perceived hurts. I take things here more personally not less.

I find this fascinating. Because I would have thought it would be the opposite.

All I make of it is that in the absence of body language, voice, seeing and being with each other, we imagine ieach other with a great deal of vividness and intensity and even yearning. We are more open to what we wish for and need.

I was told by a woman no longer here that relationships here are way more intense due to the relative safety we feel at a distance. But the paradox is that we bring way more intensity to the table, due to this safety.

I understand that what I think and feel has no bearing to you, but this is what this thread speaks to for me.

Pink Elephant

Look. OH. One thing I have learned here is that I am more sensitive to slights, real or not, or perceived hurts. I take things here more personally not less.

I find this fascinating. Because I would have thought it would be the opposite.

All I make of it is that in the absence of body language, voice, seeing and being with each other, we imagine it with a great deal of vividness and intensity.

I was told by a woman no longer here that relationships here are way more intense due to the relative safety we feel at a distance. But the paradox is that we bring way more intensity to the table, due to this safety.

I understand that what I think and feel has no bearing to you, but thisvis what this thread speaks to for me.
I appreciate your words, Copa.

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
After reading Runawaybunny's post, I feel just terrible tonight. Been feeling absolutely awful for the past few hours.

I feel like I'm letting all of you down by not adding a LIKE to your entries, or whatever rating is befitting of your post.

I understand how you feel and how that is your reality. I'm also sure you are being too hard on yourself.

Social media is a strange way to communicate. All of the nuances of tone of voice, facial expressions etc are gone. Please don't blame yourself for any misunderstandings.

Pink Elephant

I understand how you feel and how that is your reality. I'm also sure you are being too hard on yourself.

Social media is a strange way to communicate. All of the nuances of tone of voice, facial expressions etc are gone. Please don't blame yourself for any misunderstandings.
You are so right. Thank you so kindly for your words, Runawaybunny.

You've changed the way I perceive the ratings system here, and that's a good thing.

AppleCori

It was a simple misunderstanding that was cleared up to everyone’s satisfaction.

Things worked the way they are suppose to. We all learned a few things, and maybe we are a stronger group for doing it.

That’s a good thing.