Sandy devastation~ Please check in! And circle of support, too.

tiredmommy

Please, please check in asap if you were in the path of Hurricane Sandy. I need to know you are safe. Please, if you know one of our member's is safe, list them here.

The stories and images are horrifying. I'm reaching out from outside Buffalo, who will join me in support of those affected by this monster storm?

DammitJanet

I was worried about Loth too TM. Have you heard from Smallworld at all lately and/or do you have her number or email so you can let her know we are thinking about her. I know she is in the path.

I am trying to get in touch with BigDMomof4 who lives in NJ. She doesnt post here often but is still a member.

Im really hoping we hear from our members who are in the areas affected soon. I have worried all night.

lmf64

Jena has posted on FB this morning. Still haven't heard from my niece and nephew in MD. Praying for all those affected.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
All fine here in Richmond. No loss of power. Lots of wind and rain, but overall very anti-climactic. Youngest is closer to VA Beach and they had some flooding, but she's fine too. Thinking of everyone further north and closer to the shore.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Sending prayers from No. Ca. to everyone impacted by Sandy..............I talked to my girlfriend in CT. last night, 5000 without power, tree fell on the home next to hers, otherwise, she was okay. Girlfriend in NYC said, all evacuated out of the Battery Park area, subways closed, very windy.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Continuing my prayers.

Still no word from bro. I have heard from 1 family member in Va....well, she is posting on fb. Still waiting to hear from sister & bro in law and my niece.

We have wet heavy snow here, heavy as in weight, but now it's snowing harder with huge flakes as well. About an inch on the ground with this ice/slush stuff to make it interesting......and dangerous to walk in. ick ick ick I do not like how it ice/slush stuff it sticking to the lines though. Maggie's run lead outside has about 1/4 inch of ice on it and is drooping really low as are the tree branches. It doesn't take a lot to knock out our power in this area. And I have a transformer right outside my backdoor just about on the alley.

It's supposed to change to rain. I'll wait and see about that. It's also "supposed" to be much warmer here than the actual temp outside too by about 8 degrees. (who reports this stuff? they never get our temps right)

Stay safe everyone. I've not checked the news this morning yet.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hope all those without power, stay warm and safe. We had just some drizzle and breezy here. Having been through a few hurricanes, having FEMA supervising the response is a gift that many countries envy. I never needed their services but the fact that if I needed shelter or water, it was there means a lot when you are so isolated. I am grateful for the first responders and those elected officials who warns citizens. I still think they should fine or charge anyone who refused to evacuate then required first responders to risk their lives. Every disaster has those blow hards who say they aren't leaving then call crying about being saved. Drives me nuts.

buddy

Sending support and prayers to all being affected . My cousin in new York is fine but already has cabin fever.