Shhhhhhh - Housewarming Party for Susie* new house - Friday Afternoon One ish -

Star*

call 911........call 911
I've decided that since I'm unemployed and broke I'll continue to throw fantasy house parties since it's really all I can do at this point....Well that and write up one wicked house party,.....So I was thinking about SusieStars new house. It sounds pretty swanky doesn't it? And she has a hot tub. (I know where I"m going to be most of the time) BUT since it's a surprise housewarming luncheon for the woman who brings us all the cool things ----cheaply - I thought she should have something elegant, and spare no expense....She likes clever things....and We have a little time - I need someone to get HER and Jess and W out of the house. I was thinking if someone could take them all for a spa day------like massages and manicures and pedicures and then I know she likes to make soaps and such - so maybe out for a long drive to pick up some stuff and tell her she's going to make us all some home made soap. She'll have to get some gluten free stuff and all that whatever goes into it. So keep her out all day - I need a volunteer for that.

And as far as colors go? I think I want to do her party in Black. Black lace - and Ivory with Turquoise accents and a hint of red coral - I believe she would like Natural stone kinda like - Native American Themed -
As far as the tables? I am considering Ivory damask linen with black lace table covers - bone china setting places with heavy silver silver ware - and very fine crystal stemware - and I want natural tapestry woven little carpets of ivory with the coral and bits of turquoise woven in - and on the table I want natural turquoise stones and coral stones, and bits of natural rocks, and for the center pieces? I think I'd like to have Alabaster and Onyx vases - with long stems of spray painted branches of white with silver glitter on them and hanging from each of the branches on fine clear string I think we'll put little tiffany style window light catchers ior hand blown crystal ornaments that she can take down and put in each window. Each of them will represent something that each of us cares or feels welcomes her to her new home - like a crystal feather for purity, or a bear for strength, or a sun for happiness. Something symbolic that means something to each of us - that we will give to her as a new home blessing.

And on the table cloth I think I'm going to throw those little crystal diamonds too - just to make it all sparkle. The chair covers are going to be muslin and on the tops of each chair I think I'm going to add foxtails ......and tie with an elegant satin black ribbon.

Okay now for the meal. I'm not sure what she can have - But I believe she could enjoy fresh pineapple and strawberries - then a nice caesar salad- trout almondine, with rice pilaf......and fresh green beans out of my garden....

For dessert - I was toying with the idea of a sorbet......perhaps a lemon sorbet....if that's yuk then peach. And if thats yuk then I was going to go with Cherries Jubilee.

I've asked my friends to come down from the Seven Nations and one of them has a Father that is a Sioux medicine man - and their tribal elder has agreed to bless the house while the men play the drums and the women in ceremonial gowns dance ------and the medicine man will bless the house and Susie and her family, with a real smudge pot and the whole works - Unless someone is offended it's not too intense. After that - I've asked Someone else I know to take the kids - and take them to a fun park while the adults have a good time wiht an open bar.....open the gifts .......and do a little trippin the light fantastic to a real DJ --.......and we've got plenty of chairs and chinese lanters outside to make everyone feel warm and welcome -

And while everyone is outside - I'm going to make that Hot tub of good use and go soak ------I'm worn out. And I'll grab somechocolate covreed bacon---and a stick of glazed bacon.....and if you need me? Ill be listening to the recording playback of the Native American songs.........

OH and my gift? Is going to be a years supply of chemicals and a lovely CABANA boy - to keep this jacuzzi up and running for you - he'll come once a week and do maintenance - and a MERRY MAID to come bi-weekly (hey I'm broke you know) so two times a month - someone will be here to help you with the house.

NOW - WHat are YOU Brining? Put your gifts on the BIG table in the dining room - sign the guest book and HAVE SOME food - ENJOY!

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'm bringing an outdoor Native American Themed water fountain that I really hope she likes for her outside area near the hot tub. Water is known for it's healing properties (and her hot tub I hope helps prove that too!), as well as peace and serenity. I hope it brings on a more peaceful chapter in her life and heals some of that which ails her. The design also reminds me of a circl of friends. One begins and branches off and drops down supporting another and so on down to the bottom giving her all of our support! The colors, well it just seemed like it fit is well too! Here ya go Susie, I hope you like. :)

1237319528solimg34__48012_zoom.jpg

I'm also bringing an inside gift, continuing with the Native American there, also representing support for her from all of us called "Circle of Friends". I hope you like! :)

Star, how wonderful that you've done this. So quickly to. I think she will love it. I thought about helping you whisk her away but I think there is others that know her better and probably could grab her attention without suspicion much better then I.

Ooo and Starbie *whispering* Love is important to me, as is my heart staying strong and I do adore the coloring. Hand blown glass has always been a secret love of mine not only to watch being done but, if I could to collect but gave it up years ago when difficult children came along. No longer safe to keep around (they break it too easy).

Just let me know if ya need a hand with something. I'll let ya relax for now. You deserve it! :)

InsaneCdn

I'll bring the Lemon Sorbet... hand-made, from scratch, 3-ingredient sorbet.
Maybe I'll toss in a couple of other flavors of sorbet, too...

buddy

Oh great I am a fabulous cook for cyber parties so am bringing the best mexican lasagna that my step mom makes. I'll bring balloons and candles and other decorations too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'll bring some goregous cut crystal wineglasses - they DO sing - and they will be filled to the brim with fresh berries and my Mom's special topping that's lemon yogurt and real cream whipped together. I'm also going to bring handmade dreamcatchers for every bedroom... I love making them!

S

Signorina

Bread You will never go hungry ... I will bring a parmesan pepper loaf from Zingermans

Broom Sweep away the evil; Your house will always be clean ... the classic witch broom - BUT OF COURSE - just in case Sus wants to scare someone away

Candle You will always have light ...The Aveda Rainforest Candle - my favorite; smells so good, but oh so expensive. Haven't bought one since H went into business in 1999!

Coin Bring good fortune for the year ...A Lire of course!

Honey Represents the sweetness of life ...Burt's Bee's Honey and Shea body butter. So your skin doesn't dry out after the hot tub!

Knife Protect against intruders ...Wusthoff Santoku,

Olive Oil Health, Light and believe it or not, keep your husband faithful (WTH?) ... Balsamic and Basil dipping oil for the parmesan bread

Penny Keep the friend from ever being at the end of the knife

Rice Sign of fertility ...I will make my wild rice and mushroom casserole - so good.

Salt Good luck; Mend all wounds ... the Himalayan Pink Salt. I have no idea if it tastes good, but it sure is pretty

Wine Never go thirsty; Your home brings you happiness and joy ... A bottle of bubbly. I love Coppola's Sophia -- so pretty in the pink cellophane

Wood Your life/home will always have stability, harmony and peace ... a beautiful hand carved oiled salad bowl with a gorgeous grain

And I will bring my locally famous (among my friends all 5 of them LOL) flourless chocolate cake that is TO DIE FOR. It's PMS/STRESS Nirvana! Add a glass of red wine and I will purr.

DDD

:abouttime: I brought something original instead of a bottle of Cutty. For this party I am bringing two bottles of Chivas Regal....and...hearts of palm wrapped in Nova with a luscious dill dip. Yum! Can I come now or do I have to wait until Friday? DDD

KTMom91

The decorations sound beautiful! I think I will bring a set of huge fluffy beach towels to wrap up in after the spa, and some of my mother in law's homemade quesadillas and chile rellenos.

family mum

Gift - hundreds of tiny twinkle lights to light up the night is a must for every outdoor spa.
For the hostess who has gone to such trouble - a wonderfully large bouquet of fresh flowers, of course presented in a cut crystal vase.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am bringing pretty lilac bushes to plant in front of the privacy fence. :)

I finally bought myself a lilac bush! So excited.

DDD

There are "party people" and then there are "party people". I hope to heck somebody brings appetizers! DDD:bigsmile:

R

Raoul+

I will be the appetizer for meus queridos.

DDD, Raoul, he bring his father for you because you love him and he love you.

Raoul

HMBgal

Can I bring a bounce house and a disco ball? Pleeeeeeze? And I'll lead a Zumba class for everybody. I'm a very fun Zumba instructor. I'm licensed to teach everyone from kids (and teach difficult children Zumba routines all the time in my "real" job as an adapted PE teacher), seniors, and people with disabilities. That covers just about everybody but the family pets, right? This sounds like a great party. And maybe we can have a nail tech come and do our nails while we're sitting in the hot tub.

Congrats on the new house!

buddy

Well then, lets roll it on thru the weekend .... party like rock stars....(yeah if you knew me in real life, you would think that was pretty funny).

DDD

Stretch. Purr. Yawn. Smile.
Sorry I didn't greet you guys but it has been ages since Raoul AND his Daddy have visited with me. :hapydancsmil:

I'm feeling twenty years younger. by the way, just love the house and the privacy fence. :) DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
OHhhhhhhh you NAUGHTY girl......and are those LILACs in your hair????? SOMEONE looks like they had a lot of interesting conversations amidst the flowers.

DID someone forget to bring SUSIESTAR BACK from the mani-pedi??????? OH SUSIE STAR!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAD FUN AT YOUR PARTY - me and Tia shook all yer packages.....

HUH- there's a truck in your driveway - I wonder what YOU got delivered today????????

Raoul and Sr. Raoul......tch tch tch......(shakes head) Los lobidos is mui calenti.