So I wonder how cold...

tiredmommy

it will be when (if?) Duckie calls to come home? She is sleeping over a friend's house tonight for the very first time and has confided in me that she's a little nervous. I've assured her Mrs S will let her call if she feels frightened and wants to come home.

So how cold will it be? It's 27F now. And what time? She's being dropped off at 7pm Eastern.

Anybody care to make a friendly wager?
My bet is 21F at 12:30am.:bloodshot::coffee2::2cold:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Pretty cute.
Remind Duckie that Mrs. S is a mom too and would know how to help her if she is nervous or upset.

PS: easy child went on an overnight when he was 6 or 7. The parents had a real fight after the kids went to bed. Doors slamming and a glass being thrown. easy child was traumatized and never stayed overnight anywhere. Everyone stayed at our house. easy child had never heard that sort of shouting and crying. Rofl.

tiredmommy

Poor easy child! I don't blame him for not sleeping over anywhere!

Well, she was a little emotional when we dropped her off but seemed to separate pretty well. She just kept saying "I can't believe you're letting me sleepover" over and over, lol.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I remember when easy child was younger and had a friend sleep over. Around 11:30 she wanted to go home. She had never been away all night before. We called her parents and they came to get her.
I hope Duckie makes it through the night and that if she doesn't it isn't too cold when you have to go out.

Fran-Your poor easy child! No wonders he didn't want to sleep over after that.

Jena

Aw I hope Duckie makes it thru the night also!! We tried a sleepover when difficult child was about 6, i was in my car at midnight to get her :) It didnt' go so well. WE haven't had one since.

That's cute she was so excited and shocked you were letting her sleep over. Sounds like she may just make it thru the night

M

ML

My money is on Duckie staying the night!

Manster starting have sleepovers this past year. We've had to be creative because all his friends are girls! We have an air matress we put up in the next room for when it's finally bedtime that works well. I really hope he bonds with boys soon lol. He told me today that he bought an engagement ring to ask A to marry him, she's the most popular girl in school. He said, I know she'll say "no" and just tell me I need to lose weight and my dimples the way she did last time. I think his dimples are cute! ML

F

flutterbee

When difficult child was little (3 and 4), she'd call me from my mom's....Mommy, I'm crying for you. 11:30 at night, I'd be driving 45 minutes to go get her. It was a long, long time before she would spend the night there. Devon was there, too. But, she wanted me.

She frequently came home from sleepovers with friends - even still, actually. At least her friends are closer than my mom.

Last edited by a moderator:

tiredmommy

But Wynter is 13 years old!!!

Does this mean I'll be up half the night because of sleepovers for at least five more years?

F

flutterbee

You might! Actually, we just started having most of the sleepovers at our house.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My girls didn't have much luck with sleepovers.

easy child spent the night at her friends 2 doors down. Came home and described to me at age 6 how to snort coke up your nose! She never would sleep over anywhere again until hs. They always stayed with us.

Nichole wouldn't do sleep overs until she was around 9. She played with the next door neighbor girl everyday, and the Mom and I were friends. Awful part is that's how I discovered the husband was physically abusive. Nichole refused to go back, so the girl came over to our house instead.

Oddly, Travis was the only one with a postive sleep over. He and the little boy he spent the night with had a wonderful time. I was up half the night worried. lol

I hope Duckie has a good time. And that you're able to sleep.

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Niether easy child nor difficult child ever had a problem sleeping over a friend's house. They had been sleeping out since they were toddlers so I guess it just never bothered them. difficult child once had a friend who called her dad after midnight to come get her on a very cold January night. My Gosh, I can't even count how many sleepovers we've had over the years!

So, did she make it?

LittleDudesMom

Now mommy, calling you to say goodnight would have been goofy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad she made it through her first sleepover. If she is anything like my easy child, it will become a weekly occurance by middle school - both away and here!!!!!!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Yay! for Duckie.:bravo:
She is growing up. Separating from the familiar is a good thing for kids.

I must admit I'm not a big fan of overnights but they are quite popular where we lived in Texas. It was no problem for me, that easy child invited folks to our house instead of going out. LOL.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yea!!! Way To Go Duckie!!!!! :D :D :D

Now Mom, had she called to say Good nite........well,.........that would've been sooooo babyish! LOL

Our Duckie is growing up! *snif* (happy tears I swear)

M

ML

I knew she would do it! She is gonna be just fine. I'm proud of her.

Last edited: