Son Violated Monitor This Morning!

pasajes4

Things have been really horrible since he got home on the monitor. We spent the morning at odds to say the least. I went in my room to get away from him and he chose to cut the monitor off and run away. I called the po so now I just wait.

InsaneCdn

Well... tells you a lot, doesn't it. Like, he'd rather be behind bars than at home? He was definitely as frustrated as you...

{{hugs}}

pasajes4

I am sure he was frustrated. He asked for the monitor so he could come home and then got mad because he had to be at home and not out running around with his friends. Gee what part of this a consequence for breaking the law did he miss.

DDD

I'm sorry. I read your signature to see what medications he is on and am really sorry that evidently medications don't give him the boost of help that he needs. Hugs DDD

DammitJanet

Oh gee. Im sorry. Cutting that monitor is such a bad move. The only time Cory was even tempted to leave the house was when our power went out due to a bad storm and we knew it was going to be out for quite awhile. The PO had already been to the house to check on him about 8pm that night and Cory wanted to bank on the PO not coming back but he was too scared to chance it. Good thing too because the PO came back about 10. That guy was so good. Kept him on his toes.

pasajes4

He came home this morning. He slept in a park because none of his friends want anything to do with harboring a person in trouble with the law. When the monitoring po called, he was not sure what will happen or when due to holiday. The only sure thing at this point is that I am going to have to pay !,000 dollars for ruined equipment. He may try to run again and there is not to much I can do about it. He will wait until I go to the bathroom or go to sleep. I have explained things in every which way I can. His brother explained it to him. The judge, his therapist, 2 po's and his friends have explained to him. His response I do not care. I give.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear! He really doesn't care, does he? Even when his friends won't hang with him.
I'd keep trying medications. I remember reading about one that was supposed to help with-impulsivity. What has he already tried?

buddy

Oh so sorry. I don't care sounds like he is a risk to himself....can you have him put in a psychiatric hospital or have the police pick him up? He's clearly not safe to be on his own. It's so sad and frustrating.

army wife

I hope that you can redirect his life to keep him healthy and safe! But what else can you do? I'm sure you've already talked to him about your concerns openly. I don't know your situation or why he broke the law in the first place or how but if something isn't done before he turns 18 it may be like this forever. Is he into drugs or something? You might have to give him some tough love and do some harsh punishing. How old is he? I always said that if my children ever repetetly broke the law they were going to boot camp all because I have seen some of my friends who were always in throuble with the law young grow up to be myth heads hiding from the ones they told on or stole money from. scary! I hope he does not turn out like them I pray for you.

B

Bunny

Wow! When he says he doesn't care he means it, doesn't he? I'm really sorry that you are stuck paying for the equipment.