Southern Members!

TerryJ2

Arggh. easy child texted me last night. I assume that not hearing from her this a.m. means that no news is good news.

TerryJ2

So ... I'm going to scoot out and take a quick walk b4 it gets worse. It's windy and warm but otherwise fine at the moment. I can't be cooped up all day.

Best of luck to everyone! Just when our yards are at their peak ...

Mom2oddson

I was wondering the same thing. Hope everyone is doing okay. Our weather guy explained that the cold over us that won't go away is spreading over the midwest and is causing all of these storms. It's horrible how many tornados there have been lately.

We've been complaining here because it's so cold....coldest April EVER. There hasn't been an April this cold since they started recording the weather in the 1890's. But I'll take this cold over the storms everyone else is having.

Hope you are all safe.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HOLY MOLY -

WOKE UP TO ICE PELTING my WINDOWs - THUNDER THAT SPLIT THE SKY - LIGHTING THAT WAS SO FIERCE it was PICTURE WORTHY ----although MY batteries weren't charged and I can't remember where the spares are.

And two thunder chickens that said FOOEY ON YOUR for thunder therapy steak from the fridge - we've been working on that - so BOTH of them got the anti-anxiety pills and we turned up BACH at 6:00 AM and I left them alone in the office...to which one clap of thunder - and Pootie nearly made a new dog door out of the office door - and Casper was right behind her - so they all joined me in the bedroom, and at this point - we started getting tornado warnings, then watches - which means EVERYONE gets their collars on, and we get the tornado preparedness things going - and the rain is pounding the ground......the sky is yellow.......and DF is sleeping through it all.

Oddly enough - we never lost power. Usually if it spits rain - we loose everything - tv, power, you name it. But we're all okay. Calling for rain for two more days and I can't wait! WAHHHHHHHOOOOOO! lovely!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks for checking in Star. Hope Janet and EW are ok too.

Sounds soooo exciting. Not.

If it were to get that bad here I'd have to literally drag Betsy out from behind the couch........I find it interesting since she can't normally FIT behind the couch.lol

For a while they were saying we'd get some of it..........I was so glad when all we got was some heavy heavy rain and big time winds. Although rain is the last thing we need.

TerryJ2

Star, what a crazy morning! Collars ... that's a good idea ...
difficult child's school called (remote rotary dialer) and all after school activities are canceled.
Coach just called to cancel baseball.
Wish I had a basement ...

shellyd67

Thanx for checking in. Glad everyone is OK. I live in PA and our local news informed us we should stay indoors, away from windows and go to the basement if necessary. Scared the cr*p out of me !

Praying for everyone effected by these terrible, destructive storms. Keep safe !

TerryJ2

Yes, Jody. We have warnings until 9 p.m. tonight.

OKay, I just checked online ... radar makes it look like the whole thing is going out to sea, at an angle. Hmm.

Jody

oh my goodness, I am so sorry and will be watching the news and praying that everyone is safe. These storms/tornadoes are just unbelievable. Sad.

DammitJanet

I wanna know when the Eastern coast moved to tornado alley! I will take hurricanes any day. This junk is for the birds.

It was grey out but not rainy when I left the house at 11:30 because I was supposed to have a lunch date with a friend. By the time I get to the restaurant it is starting to drizzle. My friend calls me to cancel because she is feeling well. Because I had a doctor appointment a few hours later I figured I would kill time in town and then go to the appointment. Well I head to this outlet store we have for towels and bedding and all of a sudden the clerks come rushing over telling us that a tornado was spotted in Dillon SC (17 miles from there) and we need to get to the rear of the store! I grab my cell phone call my house and tell everyone there to hit the interior of the house with the extra mattress and get down. Then I call Tony to tell him what is going on...lol. He is in Charleston working right now.

It passed with no damage thankfully. Well...no damage except I spent too much money on towels and blankets because I had so much time to wander around the back of the store!

P-nut2004

We're still here! LoL

Janet, I agree I would love to know what caused this bizarre shift in weather patterns. I don't remember ever having tornadoes when I was growing up in NC but the past few years it has gotten more frequent and this season (which just started!) has been crazy so far.

I have tried very hard to keep any of the kids from knowing exactly whats up until its necessary but because we have been directly in the path of several dangerous cells we had to have them hide in the stairwell a few times & now every time it looks like it might storm difficult child gets very anxious. Last night we were under a warning and I had them go sit in the stairwell (our most secure spot) and when I called them back out after 10-15 minutes difficult child had picked at her hands until several of her cuticles were bleeding. I REALLY hope we don't have these watches and warnings once a week all summer :scared: