Spring Break- oh JOY!

Stef

Dazed and Confused
difficult child's on Spring Break this week- oh joy. He kicks off the week of hell by refusing to take his medication, refusing to do his homework for his behavioral (attitude ajustment) class tonight, and deciding to wear Southpole clothes to his meeting with the PO today, and swearing at his Mom. They abhore anything even remotely related to gang colors or affiliation. He was formally warned in writing about wearing any colors there, yet he's giving his Mom trouble about it to be a jerko. Actually this all started last Friday when he tried disobeying us to "see what we would do about it." There's certain people he's not suppossed to have unsupervised contact, so he's being evasive about where he's going. He made up a name about a "new kid" in the neighborhood whom he wants to play basketball with. Sounds good- right? WRONG! Been down this roard a few months earlier with another "new kid", aka Ryan, in the neighborhood. After some suspicions, we decided to do some good old fashioned "G2" work on "Ryan." Guess what- no such person exists. We asked every teen we saw around the area difficult child said "Ryan" lived- who? difficult child finally owned up to it- it was a ruse. So we suspect that to be the case again, and here we go again. Besides, difficult child hates basketball. Gee M, when did you develop such a fondness for Bball? ya pretty good? Hey, wanna go shoot a few? Show the old man whatcha got huh? Uhh...no not really. well hey, I'd like to meet the new kid- where's he live? Uh... a few strreet overs. we'll hey, I'll give you a ride there and over to the park. It's a nice day, I'd like to see ya play! Forget it! You get the picture.

My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Definitely not a stellar start to the spring break week! I hate dealing with the medication refusal thing-my difficult child seems to go in and out of that. Right now he is being compliant. He knows no matter what he will have to take them, because he isn't allowed to do anything until he does. Sounds like you handled the new "friend" thing well!

I do hope that tomorrow and the rest of the week are better!

busywend

It is just so hard, isn't it? Who knew the frustrations we would face!

I hope Spring Break goes fast for you!

AnnMarieTN

I hope this week goes fast for you! Our Spring Break was last week. And difficult child got suspended for skipping class, so he was home yesterday and today. I'm so ready for tomorrow!

crazymama30

Breaks from school can be so hard. I do agree that the medication refusal thing hoovers big time. I hope that your spring break is just a week, and no longer.

Stef

Dazed and Confused
Ah yes, the old skipping class call from the school- we've had a few of those to contend with ourselves. Hate when that happens.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Spring break gives a whole new meaning to wishing your life away...

that's a week I'd gladly give up...

Here's hoping it flies by.