surgery at 1:30 pm today

Sue C

My nose is still a little sore. I will be glad to get these stitches out on Wednesday!

A confession: I was freaking out the other morning 'cuz I don't think the surgeon cut the right area. When I go to my own dermatologist to have the stitches removed (she is 5 minutes away compared to 45 minutes), I want to ask her to call and make sure the tissue they removed had both normal AND cancer cells. Would that be weird to ask?????????????????

Sue

Coookie

Sue,

There are no weird questions when it comes to something like this. If you are concerned...ask...it is your nose. :)

I sure would ask. Get all the info you can so you can ease your mind.

Hugs

Coookie

Sue,

Was thinking about you and wondered if you had heard anything? Not sure when you will be going to have the stitches removed...

Just concerned. :(

Hugs

Sue C

Robby -- Thanks so much for your concern!! I had the stitches removed today. It was going to be tomorrow by my own dermatologist (5 minutes away), but we are expecting a snowstorm of 9-12" of snow and I was afraid they might close the clinic. The dr. is not in today. So, I called the hospital where I had the surgery (45 minutes away) and went out there and had the stitches removed by the surgical technician (surgeon not in today).

Anyway, the technician said the would has healed up nicely. Yea to that!

I told her how I was freaking out that the surgeon did not remove the right spot. She said well, she's been a surgeon for 17 years; she knows what she's doing. Then she showed me the before picture of my nose (after biopsy done by my dermatologist) on her computer screen from October and the photo of the opened area (before stitches) in the operating room. She said it was indeed the right area. husband was in the room and agreed. I'm still not 100% certain. What's the matter with me???

I asked if she had the report saying if what was removed had cancer AND non-cancerous cells, and she said she did not. She said the surgeon examined the tissue under the microscope after removing it and she "got it all." I will just have to trust.

Thanks again for caring!!
sue

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Just gotta hope they were the ones with their eyes open during your surgery.....doesn't hurt to ask, but bet they got it all, usually they don't want to risk missing anything and if the doctor has a good reputation she would want to keep it.....relax and go buy a big hat........

Coookie

Sue,

I'm glad the report was good and the stitches are out. There isn't anything wrong with you. I don't know for sure but I would probably wonder if they got it all if it was me too. :( The word CANCER would put fear and unrest in anybody. :( It may take time for you to stop worrying but I would go with what the technician said. :)

Hugs to you...