This Is Really Bothering Me

B

Bunny

easy child's Ipod is missing.

I have him keep it in the drawer of my nightstand so that we know where it is when he wants it, and he is very prone to misplacing things.

husband and I went away for a few days at the beginning of August and I told my mother in law that it was in my nightstand in case easy child wanted it. I asked her and she said that as far as she remembers never took it out during the time that we were gone (4 days) and he hasn't used it since we got back.

The reason this is bothering me so much is because the other day when difficult child was raging and I left him alone in the house he was in my room at my nightstand. I know this because the next morning when my alarm clock went off the volume was turned all the way up, which is not how I keep it, and the radio station had been changed. It would have been very easy for him to open the drawer and take the Ipod. And doing somethingreally mean and nasty to easy child in order to get back at me is something that difficult child does alot.

I said something to difficult child the next morning. "You know, difficult child, someone changed the setting on my alarm clock? Any idea how that happened? easy child's Ipod is gone from the drawer. Have you seen it?" and, of course, his answer was, "I didn't do it! Why do you always blame me?" Hmmmmm...can't imagine why my thought automatically run towards difficult child when things go awry like that.

I looked around difficult child's room, but it's not there. I also looked in easy child's room and I can't find it there either, but that doesn't mean that it's not there.

husband keeps telling me that at least we know it's somewhere in the house, and I replied, "Unless difficult child threw it in the garbage or something like that."

I'll have to keep looking. I hope that it turns up somewhere (and soon!) and I hope that it turns up someplace that easy child left it.

T

TeDo

It would be great if it was in the house AND somewhere easy child left it but ........ Yea, I don't think I'd hold my breath. When difficult child asked why you always blame him, did you give him specific examples of situations where he's said the same thing and turned out it WAS him? That's what I would have done. That, and reading the story The Boy Who Cried Wolf (with the "lesson" being verbalized in detail). I've done that with difficult child 1 and he doesn't ask that question anymore.

B

Bunny

No luck yet. husband thinks that easy child misplaced it and that difficult child didn't take it. I want to believe him, but there is a part of me that is not so sure.

Either way, the search goes on.

DammitJanet

Sorry but since you know difficult child was in your room messing around on your night stand my opinion would be guilty until proven innocent. I do suppose you have asked easy child if he played with it right? If so, then difficult child better get a move on finding it. I would make life stop until the toy is found. You could just say...well...I know you were at the night stand and the item was in the stand and now it is gone. I know I didnt move it so now we are going to stop everything and look for it until it is found. Nothing else fun will be done until it is found. Now if it simply appears on the table that will be that but if I happen to find it in your room or before you, then punishment will ensue. Then I think I would go take a nap for about an hour or two. You may just find it on the table.