Toilet lid (down or up)?

Pink Elephant

That is the question for today.

We've all heard the argument and battles that have ensued in homes where the toilet seat is left up or down, but this thread relates to the actual toilet lid itself.

In our house I like the lid shut. Can't tell you how many times I have dropped something in the toilet or had something roll off the counter and right into the toilet over the years with the lid up.

P.S. We need fun threads like these to help guide us in a different direction and add a little comedy and fun into our life. Helps keep life light. :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Down here. I, or the cats, have knocked things into the toilet, and Thomas, if he's feeling too lazy to go to his fountain, will drink out of the toilet.

Before I got him the fountain, he would ONLY drink out of the toilet and I was cleaning it constantly and flushing it constantly for him.

Pink Elephant

Down here. I, or the cats, have knocked things into the toilet, and Thomas, if he's feeling too lazy to go to his fountain, will drink out of the toilet.

Before I got him the fountain, he would ONLY drink out of the toilet and I was cleaning it constantly and flushing it constantly for him.
I can totally understand leaving said toilet lid up so fur babies can get a drink when needed.

BusynMember

I'm more concerned with the toilet seat. I dont care about the lid at all. We usually keep it up, and it has never been important enough to us to discuss. Heres what I do care about...the SEAT!

if I am half asleep at night I don't like falling in the bowl lol. Hub almost always puts the seat back down but I am inattentive and klutzy enough to fall in the few times he doesn't. In other words, I don't look and assume it's ready.

Yikes.

too much information! (Blush)

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I prefer to keep the lid closed. I read somewhere that when you flush tiny particles can splash up to 6 ft. That was enough for me to keep a lid on it.

Dory

Lid dawn! For the smells

I have a huge problem with the toilet paper,
It has to come from underneath!
I change it wherever I go

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Lid dawn! For the smells

Toilet paper from underneath here, too. My family hung TP that way, and I continued the tradition when I went out on my own. Cat people, like me, often hang the TP that way because if the cats paw at the roll, it just spins instead of unrolling. However, if the jerk in the picture grabs the end of the roll in his mouth and runs...the place gets TPed.

Pink Elephant

Lid dawn! For the smells

OMG... you just opened up another great topic, Dory! :)

Toilet paper! And whether it comes off the roll under or over. We are an over household. Drives me absolutely crazy when I reach for the roll (someone else's house) and the paper comes off under.

If the paper doesn't spool off of the roll like a waterfall, then I change it! Even at other peoples houses! LOL!!!

Pink Elephant

I prefer to keep the lid closed. I read somewhere that when you flush tiny particles can splash up to 6 ft. That was enough for me to keep a lid on it.
Thanks for the information! If that isn't grounds enough to keep the lid closed, then I don't know what is. Eww...

BusynMember

I am honestly surprised that anyonre cares about stuff like toilet lids and how to put up toilet paper...lol. Not at all particular about any of that. Just not Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) about the house....relaaaaxed. However because of our pets we always shut the bathroom door. THAT we do because they don't use anything in there and we don't want them to make a mess. It's automatic. Just shut the door and then the only ones that can get in is us!!

Pink Elephant

What about those people that poop at the back,like skid marks.
This is a very weird topic.
Hmmm... I think it's both fun and interesting getting other people's perspectives on things, including topics such as this.

I can't tell you how many times I remember talking about plastic diaper pails when my kids were babies, and how wet-soaking vs dry-pailing always seemed to be the highlight of the conversation, or how our kids used to get diaper rash from wearing rubber pants over their diapers.

BusynMember

Honestly, never talked about diapers, toilets or other poopy topics lol. Not since I was a little kid and referred to poop as doody....lol.

And I can be pretty WEIRD!!! :p

Pink Elephant

Honestly, never talked about diapers, toilets or other poopy topics lol. Not since I was a little kid and referred to poop as doody....lol.

And I can be pretty WEIRD!!! :p
Goodness me, SOT... it wasn't all that long ago (late summer last year), where a few of my friends and family came over for the evening (women's night), and upon pulling out a few of the family photo albums, as soon as one of my friends seen a picture of my kids wearing old-fashioned diapers, an all-out conversation about old-fashioned diapers ensued! LOL!

I'll bet we talked about diapers for 40 minutes! LOL! We covered it all, from folding and washing, to changing, the whole nine yards. Even talked about poking ourselves with the pins and how yucky the old rubber pants were, and two in the group didn't even have children but had experience changing diapers.

Any topic is fair-game with you guys! :)

AppleCori

Honestly, I have never in a conversation about diapers (at least one that I remember) but, toilets, not weird at all! ;):):eek:

Lid and seat must be down when not in use.

Toilet wiped down daily.

Toilet paper goes over, though I would probably change my mind if I had cats.

Yes, I am not obsessive....

(at least I don’t change the TP direction at other people’s houses)

Pink Elephant

Honestly, I have never in a conversation about diapers (at least one that I remember) but, toilets, not weird at all! ;):):eek:

Toilet wiped down daily.

Oh, Apple... if only you and I were neighbours, you'd be invited to the next get-together! :)

Pink Elephant

Toilet wiped down daily.

I wonder if cloth diapers, because of the involved process tended to encourage more conversation than say disposables, account their simplicity.