Toilet lid (down or up)?

BusynMember

Everyone I knew used disposables but I don't remember, say, my grandma discussing diapers either.
Old Hand, I think you like talking about diapers more than anyone I ever met!!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Lid down please! I think toilets are GROSS and don't want to look at that ever!

My husband is usually good about putting it down. It's just the two of us...however this weekend we were out of town and he left it up - the lid and the seat - the entire weekend. I wanted to kill him. I had to use a tissue to put the seat down so I could go. Don't want to touch it. I think hotel room toilets are even more disgusting naturally.

I didn't mention it to him but I was super annoyed! Toilet paper over always for me. LOL

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have issues with looking at or touching toilet seats. Just wash your hands thoroughly after.

My husband was bad about leaving the seat up until a bit after we moved in together, HE left the seat up, got up in the morning, sat down as he did in the morning, and HE fell in!

Took care of that problem in a way that none of my nagging could have.

susiestar

Roll With It
My husband and I made a deal early in our marriage. Whoever cleaned the toilet as their regular chore got to determine if the seat was up or down. I did not CARE as long as the toilet was cleaned on a regular basis. I wrote out the areas that needed to be cleaned and how often, and with what products. Flushing the toilet was NOT considered cleaning the toilet bowl, for instance.

My husband fought this at first. Then came the night while I was doing the regular cleaning when he left the toilet seat up. I was at least 8 months pregnant. We had a really LOW toilet. I got up to use the bathroom at about 3 am and was NOT awake. I fell in and could not get up. He did NOT enjoy being screamed awake that night. Or the crying that came afterward. I was SOOOO hormonal and couldn't stop crying. He didn't know WHAT to do.

As for over or under rolled toilet paper, I just insist that there IS toilet paper. With my crew, that is a high standard. I would fry their circuits with definitions of which way the paper rolled. I can see the smoke coming out of their ears if I even suggested it!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL in our house, the seat AND lid are down. Comes from a time when I used to use chemicals in the tank and I didn't want the cats drinking them.

Toilet paper goes OVER. My cats and Rose (when she was a toddler) never made a mess... Maybe I'm just lucky?

AppleCori

I do apologize.

OH,

Please don’t feel bad.

No need to apologize.

We love the conversations that you start, or participate in.

Things have been kinda boring around here without you.

Please come back!

We are snowed in today, with over a foot on the ground and still coming down hard. I would love to “talk”!

Apple

Pink Elephant

My husband and I made a deal early in our marriage. Whoever cleaned the toilet as their regular chore got to determine if the seat was up or down. I did not CARE as long as the toilet was cleaned on a regular basis. I wrote out the areas that needed to be cleaned and how often, and with what products. Flushing the toilet was NOT considered cleaning the toilet bowl, for instance.

My husband fought this at first. Then came the night while I was doing the regular cleaning when he left the toilet seat up. I was at least 8 months pregnant. We had a really LOW toilet. I got up to use the bathroom at about 3 am and was NOT awake. I fell in and could not get up. He did NOT enjoy being screamed awake that night. Or the crying that came afterward. I was SOOOO hormonal and couldn't stop crying. He didn't know WHAT to do.

As for over or under rolled toilet paper, I just insist that there IS toilet paper. With my crew, that is a high standard. I would fry their circuits with definitions of which way the paper rolled. I can see the smoke coming out of their ears if I even suggested it!!!
Laughing right now over the thought of seeing imaginary smoke rising from your co-workers ears. :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Like I said, I hang the TP "under" because that's what I grew up with. husband hung it "over"...until we got our first kitten...and she made an unholy mess of the bathroom, not to mention the rest of our studio apartment.

Squeaky, who was 5 when I adopted her, used to attack and dismember any kind of "household paper" on a roll. Didn't matter if it was TP or paper towels.

She's grown out of that, thankfully.

Thomas, who was 11 when I adopted him, TPed the entire place after my neighbor hung a roll of TP "over: grabbed the end and ran with it.

I use those "super mega" rolls, so that's a LOT of TP.

I have no idea what got into Thomas as he had not before nor has not since, showed any interest in paper goods beyond flopping down on them.

svengandhi

Closed, always, or actually ever since the day I caught our now dead border collie drinking from the toilet. That was so nauseating to me that I now keep the toilet lid down AND the bathroom door closed.

Dory

Something that poo poos me off in the bathroom is the amount of towels teenage/adult daughters need for a shower,twice a day, 3per wash.ahhhhhhhh