Watching the EMDR process

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt & I went to our attachment therapist appointment this afternoon. kt was quite anxious, stressed & was running a mile a minute.

therapist asked me, on a scale of 1 to 10 anxiety wise, where would I place kt. Ummmmmm, 17.5 :rofl:

therapist used EMDR this afternoon while working with kt on self calming ideas. He used the EMDR machine the entire hour of therapy. I watched her slowly calm; listened to kt open up & share different ideas - even opened up about some of her dissociative episodes.

At one point, therapist got out another EMDR machine & placed me on it because listening to kt share some of this stuff was agitating for me.

Having said that, kt leveled out to around 4 on our "anxiety scale" by the time we left the office.

therapist decided that we'll be using EMDR for the next several appointments & watch reaction there in the office & the aftermath at home.

I must say kt is a great deal calmer this evening. :smile:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I'm glad to hear the EMDR helped. From a 17.5 to a 4 is pretty good. I hope it lasts a good long while.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
EMDR helped my difficult child years ago with PTSD. It really is amazing. Except our practitioner didn't use a machine, she used her two fingers in front of difficult child's face. She also used it on me and it was helpful as well. This practitioner retired and I wish she was still around because she was awesome.

I'm glad the EMDR helped kt (and you). That's just the best news.