We are back.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by susiestar, Oct 15, 2009.

  1. susiestar

    susiestar Roll With It

    We survived the trip to the MRI and back home.

    Last night wasn't easy for me. Jess was up at 1 and was very foggy. She was hurting and she ahd just slept for about 12 hours with 3 15 min breaks when we tried to get her to eat. She didn't eat much.

    She and I slept all the way to the hospital. Good thing I wasn't driving, huh? :tongue: husband put the instructions in the car and then griped at me about losing them. I never had them after I gave them to him to look up a map. So we found it and instead of going to the front and using the free valet parking and being 30 feet from where we needed to go he parked in the garage that used a skywalk to take you 2 blocks to the hospital!

    Jess and I tried our hardest to walk all that way. She fell less than 1/3 of the way to our goal. I called on a phone on the wall and got two ladies to bring us wheelchairs. I couldn't walk any further either.

    We did paperwork, husband moved the car around to the valet and they got us to the MRI. She went under and the MRI worked fine - no movements to blur the pictures.

    We will hear from the neurologist about results in 7-10 days. They will be read by a pediatric neuroradiologist, which I am thankful for.

    Then we went to eat. Have any of you tried Mimi's Cafe? It is a favorite place for Jess and I. We were going to make a trip to Sams, being very close, but I started feeling yucky and went to sit outside in the car. While Jess finished up she looked at husband and asked if she could just lay down on the floor by the table.

    Ummm. No.

    So when we said we were going home she protested but fell asleep mid word in the protest!

    We are settled in at home, she did fine and now we pray that they can find something fixable!
  2. Lothlorien

    Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

    How did she stay still enough for the MRI?

    Have you noticed if she shakes while sleeping, too? What if she's given a sedative, does it still happen?
  3. gcvmom

    gcvmom Here we go again!

    Glad the ordeal is over, and hopefully you are moving forward towards some answers!!! YAY!

    LOVE Mimi's Cafe, too! :)
  4. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Glad the MRI is over, praying you have answers soon. Hugs to you both.
  5. susiestar

    susiestar Roll With It

    Thank you to all!

    They did the MRI with anesthesia. Usually it is done with-o medications, sometimes with oral sedation - often a dose of versed to make you calm.

    Those were not going to work for Jess. They used actual surgical anesthetic. First some stuff in inhale, then sleep, then an IV and IV medications to keep her under. She woke up very well.

    She does have the shaking in her sleep. This is why they did the anesthesia.

    This evening she INSISTED we needed stuff for her. Then she begged to go along. We let her. She was, as we told her she would be, exhausted and cranky afterwards. Big teary meltdown, then husband and I talked to her and then she was better.

    Please pray she sleeps tonight. I need sleep so badly, but if she needs anything husband is useless in the night.

    I just hope we can find a plan of attack.
  6. klmno

    klmno Active Member

    I'm glad to hear she handled this well and hope she slept ok last night. More importantly- I hope this reveals some answers and leads to something that can help her. You both have bee thru enough already!
  7. susiestar

    susiestar Roll With It

    Already have results. Posted in a new thread. Thank you to everyone!