We are not alone:

pasajes4

I saw him on Good Morning America. It would have been comical except for the fact that so many people his age and younger agree with him.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I was just coming here to post that .. so crazy. I also had to defend the parents on a friend's FB post - people just don't realize that the law treats adult kids just as any other "tenant" and eviction is sometimes necessary. He thought the fact they resorted to eviction made them "weak." You do what you have to do.

Triedntrue

I read quite a few of the comments under the link could not find one that agreed with him and many were from younger people. I hope his parents hang tough. He needs a good kick in the rear.

Estherfromjerusalem

I heard that today on the news on the radio -- here in Israel! And I laughed out loud in my kitchen!!! What a cheek that child has -- oh, he's not a child, he's 30. What a chutzpa!

Love, Esther

Lil

This is the part that gets me:

"I'm not bothering them by living here," Michael Rotondo said in an interview with ABC News' "Good Morning America." "It's little to no cost to them, and considering how much they've harassed me, I think it's the least that they should be required to do, which is just let me hang here a bit longer and use their hot water and electricity."

Really? You know, I think I'll just start living with my neighbors. They have a big house, with extra bedrooms. I won't be bothering them by living there. I'll do my own laundry and cook my own food. It'll be at little or not cost to them, and after all, if they harass me about having to move out, the judge should give me at least six months to use their water and electricity as compensation!

They even GAVE HIM MONEY to move and he TOOK IT!

Wow. o_O

Those people need to come hang out with us on here. We can sympathize.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
It's mind-boggling, isn't it Lil?! I do wonder about the history here -- how long was he living there? Years? Months? Not that it really matters, was just curious how long they had to deal with his "squatting" before they had enough.

Plus, they should join us here! heh. Anonymously, of course. :)

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
You have to wonder if there is mental illness or drugs involved with him?

He's rather creepy looking too.

Lil

?! I do wonder about the history here -- how long was he living there? Years? Months? Not that it really matters, was just curious how long they had to deal with his "squatting" before they had enough.

8 years according to one account I read. But they'd only been actively trying to get him to move out for 8 months - giving him written notice, etc.

You have to wonder if there is mental illness or drugs involved with him?

He's rather creepy looking too.

He'd lost all custody and visitation rights to his child...so it wouldn't surprise me. It takes a LOT for a judge to take away visitation rights. Didn't sound like they even left him supervised visits.

A few articles (yes, I read more than one) said that it was shortly after that they started trying to get him to leave. If I had to guess, my guess would be that they only allowed him to stay for the grand and once he screwed up badly enough the kid wasn't even allowed over anymore, they were done.