What to do with dumb dog?!

witzend

Stars right. You absolutely can teach your old dog new tricks! Bubba dragged everyone around on the leash for 9 years. Then I decided I had had enough being embarrassed and being unable to walk him and I trained him to walk on the lead for me. Suddenly, husband knows how to walk him on the leash as well. But husband needs to be reminded by me to be in charge, if you know what I mean.

The funniest thing about Bubba is when I choose to leave him out when there are people here working on the house and they're going to be here for days, Bubba will pull his usual barking stuff each and every time they walk through the door. This happened last week when we were having a window installed. Bubba kept barking each time they went into our out of the house, and I finally had had enough of that. I went into the kitchen, and one guy was outside the window on a ladder, and the other was working inside and I very quietly said "Bubba. Do you want a bath?" He shut right up and walked away and didn't bother them again. It works every time.

Did I mention that Bubba doesn't particularly like baths?

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROFLMAO Witz -

I too will look at Casper Grace and say -

OH LOOK AT THE FILTHY ANIMAL.....LET's DO A BATH.

I'm sure that the word BATH is somehow equated with NEUTER in his mind.

But put the sprinkler on in the yard or drag out the tiaras and feather boas or hats and dress up junk? YOU BET he's there!

He's my ONLY easy child ONLY ONLY ONLY

witzend

The construction guys thought the threatened bath was a hoot! You can't break it out too often, though or it doesn't work. Bubba's terrified of the hose. If I am outside watering the plants, he has to be let inside right now!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I know for a fact Casper was born at the end of April, but he's got to be an Aquarius - i've never met a dog who LOVED water like he does.

WHen he was a baby - he would climb up to the standing dog dish of the older dog and sit in it.

A little older we got a kiddie pool - he would snorkle - no kidding....just stick his big old red nose under the water and blow bubbles.

A little older stand and stick his nose in the standing dog dish and blow bubbles. This was non stop entertainment for all of us.

Older - a leap into the air and KHWAM>>>>> right into the pool.

All of his life - LOVES a sprinkler. Will (at 130+) lbs bark at the water and LEAP into the air and attempt to "catch" the water. It's hysterical.

But turn on the bath water?

And once he's in? He's fine - like a prince he moans - SCRUB ME MOMMA. RIGHT THERE.....YEAH......WHO'S A DIRTY DOG?

Piece of work that one.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I want a doggie. :( It's been so many years since I've had one.

How about we trade birds for dogs for a week or two?

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
No way, Abbey! Get your own! lol! :D

Crimany. (Someone tell me how to spell that.)

I have to get my OWN dog ? Geez. I just want to pet one everyday at Starbucks. Actually, I'd love to snuggle up to a big dog or cat at night. That's my secret.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I upgraded from a Queen size bed to a King when I found out that Casper figured his place to sleep was RIGHT next to me or near me or at the foot of me but ALWAYS touching me with a paw or even a tail and will rearrange himself at night if I move and he can't touch me.

Fortunately for us I snore just as bad as a bulldog. So it's a fair fight.

Pootie on the other hand - felt her place to sleep was under my armpit. I miss that - I miss her.