Where do I start?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Deb,

Think less of fyou for coming clean? Ha! It only makes me admire you more.

Things happen. I know very few people who have never done anything that possibly could have landed them in the not so pretty place. They just happened to not get busted doiing it. I know I have, and it scares the bejesus out of me...but it ccould have been me, or 75% of the people I know, too (probably more).

We love you. You are a rock solid foundation of this very shakey place called difficult child-dom. difficult child-dom takes its toll. I'm proud of you for doing what you must to make it right. And I admire your strength.

Hugs and love and give me your address and I will write.

LittleDudesMom

Deb,
Facing the consequences of our actions is never easy. But the fact that you are owning up to the error and sharing it with us speaks volumes. Remember that one of the reasons you are able to come here and share with us and get support is YOU. You were a God send for many - now you will be in my prayers.

Sharon

Abbey,

There definitely is a better life on the other side of this experience. Many people are here cheering you on every step of the way. It goes without saying that you are in my prayers.

Several times in my life I have gone on spiritual retreats in seclusion and spent totally quiet time away from everything and everyone. I think in a way this time you are facing can be used in that way, if you so desire. May peace and serenity surround you in the coming days.

Valerie

DammitJanet

Oh Abbey...like the others have said so well, Im a jumble of emotions. I am sad and upset that this is happening to you because I know I would be scared to death but I am glad you felt safe enough with us to let us know.

You should know how much I have loved and admired you for all these many years. If you dont, you havent been paying attention! If it wasnt for you, you wouldnt have this wonderful place to come talk to us now or all these wonderful people who are going to worry and care about you while you are gone. Spend your time thinking of all the funny stories over the years. There have been many!

I love you girl...send an address and I will write and put money on the account so you can buy twinkies!

svengandhi

I've been on the boards on and off, under several different names, since Thanksgiving weekend of 1999. Although we have never met, I am grateful to you for providing this site.. The knowledge I gained here helped me with my difficult child to the point where he is likely to wind up an Eagle Scout rather than a dropout and I attribute it, in large part, to you.

I'm not a praying person but I do think good thoughts for those I care about. I will put you on my list - for whatever it's worth. Whatever you did, it will not take away from what you've done in the past to help me and other desperate parents.

May the time pass quickly and if you can get books, let us know where to send them and what you like to read.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Deb, we've met a couple of times - I was & still am in awe of all you've done for me & others here. You are loved. Please know we will be here no matter what. You'll be in my thoughts as you continue on with this journey called life.

witzend

Ah, Deb... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to see you while in Vegas. I would have gotten you a nice cool drink and lunch. Do keep up with us.I hope that you will be able to at least have some books... That seems cruel.