Who influenced you the most in your life?

BusynMember

I have no idea if anyone wants to talk about it, but it's the weekend and the forum is slow so I thought I'd give this topic a try. Ok....guess I will have to start.

My grandma, my only DNA relative who loved me plus spent time with me. She was like a BFF (and still is). I know I can love others so well because of her. I would not have this ability otherwise. I loved and still love her so.

My mother in law, now passed, who taught me how to be a good person who loved with all her heart. I am sure she is an angel. Huge influence on me. A wonderful mother figure and more.

My grandmother in law, same as above.

My dear friend and sister in our hearts, MaryEllen, deceased but still with me. Taught me so much about love and acceptance and kindness. My eyes tear as I type this.

I did not really become influenced by world leaders or celebrities, but many wise spiritual teachers are still affecting me positively every day.

You?

Last edited:

Triedntrue

My mom was definitely the biggest influence. She was kind and supportive and strong. I told her once the song the wind beneath my wings was written about her.

Nomad

Staff member
I think this is a super important question. One perhaps important to ponder.

I think my mom and grandmother were of fairly large influence. A family friend who was a school principal was a small influence/role model. As well as a women I worked for once...likely somewhat of an influence.

There is a spiritual person that tends to have a positive influence upon me...in the last decade and today.

Pink Elephant

My mom, a grandma, a great aunt, and a close friends mother.

They taught me how to be frugal, resourceful, and made me love all things old-fashioned. I wouldn't change a thing. So proud of the way I turned out.

As for celebrities and leaders, I have yet to be moved by a single one.

AppleCori

If I had to pick one person, I would say it would be my first husband.

We were together since I was thirteen, and probably had more influence on me than anyone else.

I still love him in a platonic sort of way.