Windows in time...sharing a moment

klmno

My difficult children were magical little beings until puberty. Then the aliens came and took them away.

HA! Many of us here can relate to that- including me!

Star, I have only been here for about 18 mos. And when I first came, I really only paid attention to threads that I thought pertained specificly to my son and our issues- I almost felt like I would be intruding in someone else's personal business to concentrate on their "crisis". So, I'm not quite sure how long you have been seeing real improvement in Dude.

What I can say, is that it does appear that the past 6 mos or so, you are posting more often about good things he is doing and postive, loving, caring signs you are seeing in him. I fully understand that feeling of "if I post something good today, I know it won't last- something bad will happen again". But, we are all just human trying to overcome our difficulties. We ALL will have "bad" things reoccur at some level and frequency. What is a true sign of hope regarding Dude, in my humble opinion, is that the good is becoming more frequent and the bad isn't quite as bad as it used to be.

This is progress- my goodness- look at where he started in the "bag" of problems to deal with! I know- you are more than aware of this. I bet you are just beaming! I've read some of your posts where you are so frustrated because he went out and made a dumb decision again- of course, you are frustrated because they aren't ALL good decisions. I feel that way with my son too- I think I do it most when I have seen things go well for a while and I'm proud of him.

So- my soap box here is just to remind you that the next time Dude makes a dumb decision, remember that he's still on his way! I think he'll get there....and you have every right to feel as proud as you do. And Df- my gosh- give him a big pat on the back! I believe you all are developing a strong family for years to come.

Thank you for posting this and giving so many of us (oldies and newbies) a hope to go on and a pride that we all want so much with our kids...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Tears in my eyes from reading this. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story. It gives me hope and that is so important. I'm so happy that you were able to have yesterday and hope there are many more such days to come!

susiestar

Roll With It
Star, this is just truly wonderful. I think you got something you wished for on so may Christmas Stars in years past.

I am so PROUD of Dude, I have heard much of your struggles and prayers and problems and the hard-won victories that were lightly peppered in there.

This is so wonderful, it just warms my heart. Dude has grown and learned so much, as have you and DF. It was a truly wonderful and magnificent day. Please journal this and put your photos in it. It won't all be good manners and good decisions ahead, but there is just so MUCH progress, and to have it right NOW is AMAZING.

Absolutely nothing short of AMAZING! Esp right after the battle with the "agency" and the court issues ahead.

Please let Dude know that the glow over in the west is the smil in this Board Auntie's face and heart. (And I really NEEDED good news today, too! So he gave me a wonderful gift as he gave you one! )

busywend

I have GOT to stop reading while I am at work. My eyes are all watery and I am trying desperately not to let them spill over so my mascara will not run.

This is so nice to read. I am very happy for you Star.