Yard sale question

klmno

I'm going to have another yard sale tomorrow but would like to have it 2 days this weekend. For the second day, would it be better to have it on Sun. or Labor Day? I'm seeing some people putting ads in for Sat & Sun but haven't seen any for Mon. but if it was me doing the shopping, I'd probably be more apt to go out Sat. & Mon.

What do you think?

Jena

me personally id' go with sat. and sunday. alot of ppl do bbq's and stuff on labor day (not me lol, yet i've heard of them lol)

klmno

I was afraid that would be the "right" answer. LOL! I'm pooped out right now from pulling stuff out of the attic, carrying down attic stairs and down another flight of stairs and pulling things out of the shed and doing a little yardwork yesterday and some more today. I still need to pull some- ok, a lot - out of a walk-in closet and start setting stuff in place for in the morning, and also eating dinner.

It's soooo much more convenient if I could have Sun. to pull out some of this and have it ready to sell Monday. But I know you're right- the other ads kind of piont to that, too. I can see cooking out on Labor day and relaxing, but I figured people wouldn't be doing that in the mornings. Oh, well- I'll do all I can tonight, some in the morning, and I can probably get a little more out and ready tomorrow evening.

I'm not so sure a lot of people will be going to yard sales at all this weekend but I have a couple of bigger ticket items that might pull some in. My muscles just feel like I've been doing aerobics for 3 days- I'm out of shape!

Jena

you sound like me when i ask my mom a question and i know that the answer she'll give me will be the right one and the one I do not want to do lol!!! It'll be fine it's too bad you dont' have a local paper you can take a cheap add out on for the big stuff. yet these days strangers coming into your home hmmm........... :)

either way good luck hope you sell it all. yard sales are alot of work!!!

DammitJanet

Have you considered posting on cheapcycle? Its like an online yard sale. Then just keep the stuff inside or in a covered carport and cover it with a tarp and not have to keep carrying it in and out all the time.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sat and sunday are good days. Fridays are too........but yeah fri is over lol. Nichole and I are hitting a bunch this weekend. I finally have time to do it now yay!!!

klmno

I haven't heard of cheapcycle- I've been using cra****ist. It sure proves the saying that "one man's junk is another's treasure"

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
cheap cycle is awesome...........freecycle but you sell your stuff instead of just giving it away. The whole family uses it. :)

klmno

I'll definitely look into it then. I'm getting a lot of people this morning- but I'm half asleep and my body is sooooo sore from hauling some of this stuff around!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Sometimes, you need to check with your town's ordinances...

In my neighborhood, garage sales are prohibited on Sundays....but Fridays and Saturdays are OK.

klmno

ok, can someone explain cheapcycle to me? Is it simialr to ebay where there is an account and long distance sells? Why can't I find a website for it when I google it?