Your first love. Good idea, Pink or Appl!

BusynMember

I am sorry. I can't remember which of you suggested it. I think we always remember our first love.

When I was fifteen, almost sixteen, I volunteered at a hospital with my grandma. I had told my grandma I wanted a boyfriend for my birthday lol.

Grandma knew a patient with a sixteen year old son and she tricked us into meeting one another while he was visiting his mother. I was starry eyed at first sight. I thought he was gorgeous (he really wasn't.) Later he told his mother I was "cute" and he ended up asking me out.

The months we dated I was on a teenage cloud. I remember he bought me Shalimar for my sixteenth birthday. I still love Shalimar. We made out a lot, but that was all. He was a nice boy from a nice family, but he didn't want a steady girlfriend and when we started getting too close he freaked out and broke up with me.

It took me a long time to get over him. I cried a lot and ignored him at school and he ignored me too. Then his mother died a few years later. She'd had cancer. He called a few years after she died to tell me and to talk, and he came over and we spent hours just chatting in my home. He had been very close to his mother and his father had remarried a year later and he was sad about that, but very brave and I found out years later that his father, wife and kids (six in all) became very close. They are close today....we are FB friends.

We never saw one another again after that one time he came over to talk about his dear mother's death. I never forgot him. I am smiling right now. It seems that he is very happy in his life and I hope he is.

You?

Last edited:

Wish

My first love/boyfriend. He was 2 years older than me. I was 13 at the time and he was 15. His best friend also eventually got with my best friend at the time (I set them up, it was quite romantic how I did it actually). My boyfriend and her boyfriend had the same names, so we always joked about that. Christmas was our first holiday together and it was my first time shopping for a boyfriend and I believe his first time shopping for a girlfriend. Oh what excitement that was for us. Anyway, we were togther for about a year I would say. Fun times. I'd do anything to go back to those days..... Wow, I feel my heart crying. Such happy memories that I only have a few of.....

Pink Elephant

Met my first love at 16, spent 2 years together. Loved his entire family, but his mom was the best. She made me a part of their family, and special times throughout the year I could be found at their house celebrating with them. We did everything together, but I remember the drive-in movies we went to. A car full of friends, and away we'd go. Lots of fun.

I remember dear boyfriend working and tinkering on his car all the time. Kept it spotlessly clean inside and out. Took such pride in it and all of his things, and he was (by far) one of the snazziest dressers in school! Tall, husky, thick dark wavy hair, athletic and smart, he was popular with all, and he carried such a level and mature head on him, too. Always the guy who stepped-in when settling was needed. A real sweetie.

AppleCori

My first love/boyfriend. He was 2 years older than me. I was 13 at the time and he was 15. His best friend also eventually got with my best friend at the time (I set them up, it was quite romantic how I did it actually). My boyfriend and her boyfriend had the same names, so we always joked about that. Christmas was our first holiday together and it was my first time shopping for a boyfriend and I believe his first time shopping for a girlfriend. Oh what excitement that was for us. Anyway, we were togther for about a year I would say. Fun times. I'd do anything to go back to those days..... Wow, I feel my heart crying. Such happy memories that I only have a few of.....

Hey Wish,

Nice story!

Tell more if you feel like it. We would like to hear your stories!

AppleCori

Met my first love at 16, spent 2 years together. Loved his entire family, but his mom was the best. She made me a part of their family, and special times throughout the year I could be found at their house celebrating with them. We did everything together, but I remember the drive-in movies we went to. A car full of friends, and away we'd go. Lots of fun.

I remember dear boyfriend working and tinkering on his car all the time. Kept it spotlessly clean inside and out. Took such pride in it and all of his things, and he was (by far) one of the snazziest dressers in school! Tall, husky, thick dark wavy hair, athletic and smart, he was popular with all, and he carried such a level and mature head on him, too. Always the guy who stepped-in when settling was needed. A real sweetie.

Oh, good story, Pink!

Tall, broadly built, dark wavy hair, mature, athletic and smart is just exactly my type! Lucky we didn’t go to the same school....lol.....

See, i told you we could have fun with anything!

Care to expand on your story?

KTMom91

Not my first boyfriend, but my first love...I was a senior in high school, he was older, and we met through mutual friends. Love at first sight for me, he had to get over the age difference...he was kind of embarrassed, I think, to be dating someone still in high school. We dated on and off for years, between our marriages to other people. The timing was bad, I suppose, but we are still good friends nearly forty years later.

Nomad

Staff member
What a great story, SWOT.

Mine is a story, for sure.
He was tall, dark and handsome.
From his mom’s first marriage to a Latin man.
Then she remarried.
We were 16 when we first met. Broke up at age 19 I believe.
His mom didn’t approve of me, I suspect because I wasn’t Jewish.
I wasn’t a church goer etc and had no issues with differing faiths. He was oddly quiet on the topic.
Ironically, he cheated on me with a very devout Catholic person who he married in the church.
He may have cheated on her too.
He was killed in a car accident with another woman in the car. She died as well.
I saw his mom briefly after that. She hugged me with tears in her eyes.
She was extremely close to her son.
It was very tragic and sad.
There was a lot of talk. The original break up was extremely painful for me as well as the entire ordeal. I could write a book.

BusynMember

Wow, Nomad, this was a very deep and complicated relationship. Sad.

I was raised by Jewish parents and indeed it is or used to be common that they would not accept their children marrying non Jews. However,if they felt that way, the ones I knew, never thought of not marrying somebody Jewish too. I am assuming that this boys mother did marry somebody not Jewish, unless he was a Hispanic Jew, which I think is rare? Could be wrong.

At any rate, interesting, sad story That ks for sharing

Wish

What a great story, SWOT.

Mine is a story, for sure.
He was tall, dark and handsome.
From his mom’s first marriage to a Latin man.
Then she remarried.
We were 16 when we first met. Broke up at age 19 I believe.
His mom didn’t approve of me, I suspect because I wasn’t Jewish.
I wasn’t a church goer etc and had no issues with differing faiths. He was oddly quiet on the topic.
Ironically, he cheated on me with a very devout Catholic person who he married in the church.
He may have cheated on her too.
He was killed in a car accident with another woman in the car. She died as well.
I saw his mom briefly after that. She hugged me with tears in her eyes.
She was extremely close to her son.
It was very tragic and sad.
There was a lot of talk. The original break up was extremely painful for me as well as the entire ordeal. I could write a book.

Wow, that really is a an interesting story. Sorry to hear that he and his passenger passed on.

AppleCori

I will be sharing mine as well, but I will need to find the time to do it properly.

Will be reading other stories with interest, in the interim.

Wish

“How we met” is always an interesting story.....

Well, we met at our local playground. Me and my best friend at the time (story for another day, a very big important and sad part of my life) were hanging out at our local playground which was, and still is, a very beautiful place. Our neighborhood and many surrounding areas were built in a historic area and they really combined the forest and homes so very well. The playground sat/sits beautifully in this Greenery. Anyway, I digress. So me and my girl friend were hanging out, I was 13, she was 14 and we saw the boys there. I was wearing my nightgown as a top and tucked it into my blue jeans. It was a Garfield nightgown (lol) and I was wearing a light jacket over it. I was wearing the night gown as a t-shirt because I had slept over her house and had nothing to wear. Anyway, they were playing basketball and God I use to remember the story like the back of my hand, but now it is fading away some. They were playing basketball and then we all walked home together and I think that's when he asked me to be his girlfriend, or maybe I made the initial gesture? Can't remember that part too much, but I do remember the rest of our relationship, so that's a good thing at least lol. But yeah, that's how we met and got together :)

ahhjeez

I was a pretty difficult kid and was fairly wild in my youth. I met my husband at a friends house over July 4th weekend. My friends parents had gone away for the weekend and I told my parents I was sleeping over her house which I did most weekends. They didn't realize her parents weren't going to be home. We ended up staying at this house party with a ton of other people and I started talking to him and knew right away that he was it. We pretty much were inseparable after that night. He's quite a bit older than me and there was a lot of scandal about that. I think it worked because he is on the spectrum and chronologically older, but emotionally at the time our ages were pretty similar. I've always been very mature so it just seemed to work. No one thought we'd stay together, but it's been 31 years and I absolutely adore him.