2 Years of healthy living.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Hi to all;

I know it has been a long while since I have been here and have posted.
First our son continues to progress through life in a positive way. He is not abstinent from drugs or alcohol as he does smoke Le pot (legal here) and drink. He does so is a very responsible fashion.
he has completed his full high school diploma and had 2 college credits towards a horticulture degree.
He is a joy to be around and life feels so normal every day.
there have been triggers and challenges along the way. He was mugged and beaten and didn’t relapse. He had a relationship failure (the first sober), was heart broken and did not relapse.
He had to go through a process of clearing his criminal record and he accomplished this difficult task and now has a clean slate with no criminal record history. This seems like a miracle in itself.
He does normal things with normal friends and is kind and respectful. He Golfs and dates and goes to the movies. He has handled COVID like a champ.
He by choice, has remained in his rehab after care program. He had a very close friend relapse recently and that was extremely difficult for him.
it has been a very challenging two years where we have rebuilt our relationships ours with our son and mine with my husband. Son and husband can still be like oil and water but this happens very rarely. We have a kitten now to go with the puppy who is now 2. They are a comfort to all of us ....well to son and myself. Husband tolerates the pets lol.
I think of you all so very often and apologize for not being on here. Part of me was afraid of the wheels falling off. Part of me wanted to pretend for a while that this crazy dive into addiction and crime never happened.
I do hope all of you are healthy and well during these pandemic times. I hope you and your loved ones are in a good place. I pray for those of you who have loved ones still struggling. Be good to one and other and stay well.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
LBL

Long journey we've been through together. So happy we are on the other side of it and I say that tongue in cheek!!

Copabanana

Hi LBL

So often I have thought of you and your family. I am so pleased for you that your lives together continue with tranquility, purpose and love. I knew that would be so. I am so glad you posted an update.

I have a commitment in a few minutes (and a busy few days coming up.) I will get back and post again as soon as I can.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Hi LBL

So often I have thought of you and your family. I am so pleased for you that your lives together continue with tranquility, purpose and love. I knew that would be so. I am so glad you posted an update.

I have a commitment in a few minutes (and a busy few days coming up.) I will get back and post again as soon as I can.
I think of you so very often. I hope you have some peace of mind. Can’t wait to hear from you.