A Great House and a Contract!!

susiestar

Roll With It
This is turning out to be a tough but not terrible change in our lives. House is still going to be auctioned.

We have friends who bought a new house but can't yet sell their old one, which is outside of town and very nice. They are going to rent it to use for a VERY reasonable price, no problem bringing our cat!!! I am so relieved as I have spoken to at least forty rental places (called that many numbers - argh) and they ALL say that they won't even take an application from us even with my parents cosigning. So this is awesome news!

Then a teacher at the technical school run by the state board of ed's division of tech schools left to take a job out of state. husband was asked to take over the job for the rest of the year. If they like him - and they will - he will be offered a contract for next year. This is a separate educational system from the high schools and husband was already working part time on their business development division at close to what some of the univ profs make. The benefits are wonderful once you get the full time contract, the pay is at least 3 times what the reg school systems pay, and they do not fire people. It is a really great part of the educational system to work for.

husband's paycheck for the rest of this school year, which is not even a month of work, will be more than he made working for the computer company AND he won't have a 90 minute commute each way!!!!

So things ARE starting to look up- WAY up - for us!!

Thank you so much for all the good wishes you sent our way!

Keep them coming, please, because the cat now has an abscess and is acting very sick. These jobs are great but we have ten days before we have any money at all!

(My folks are giving us the deposits if we need any and our friends said not to worry with one - but I will put $$ aside anyway for one!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, susie that is fantastic news!!!!!! You and husband are certainly over due for a good break or three!

I hope kitty is ok.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
Kitty would be fine if husband didn't keep letting him go outside unsupervised. THe idiot cat is an indoor cat. Period. He isn't declawed because I refuse to do that to an animal, but he also is a huge tub of kitty lard and he has no fear of dogs. neighbors have dogs who are nice but the puppy thinks cats are toys. Not in a mean way, but Capn cant run fast enough to get away. So he has a cut on his leg from the puppy because husband let him out and didn't supervise him. husband knows better and is very aware that Mommy. Is. Not. Happy.

Mommy is doctoring the kitty. I had antibiotics for a sinus infection that I didn't finish bc the doctor changed them halfway through. A friend is a vet surgeon and told me to give him 1/4 of a capsule 3x day for a week and he will be fine. But I just got her message about it this am, so I didn't tell husband yet. He can wait until he gets home - and just worry because this is HIS FAULT.

I bet this won't happen again for at least six months, lol.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
This is wonderful news Susie, congratulations. Sending continuing prayers for prosperity, peace and health for all, including kitty.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm so glad to hear good news!!!

Don't forget to do some sort of rental contract... Stuff in writing is very important, even with friends... I've been burned too many times!!!

Now as for the Capn. He sounds just like my Squirrel - except she is terrified to be unsupervised. But she'll run outside at any opportunity! So if he will let you, clean his leg really good. Then let him take over. If it's really deep, don't let him take over, dab a little antibiotic ointment on and then bandage - and tape it good where the bandage meets fur - pulling out fur hurts but better the fur than the wound!!!

Regardless, I agree, let husband worry!

Star*

call 911........call 911
THAT is some fantastic news Susie* - I believe the good news needs to just keep rolling in for your family. And your puddytat.

Tiapet

Old Hand
These times are a changing! FOR THE GOOD! Yes! It does seem like times are changing for the good for a great many on the board. You, Star, Buddy's Q got into the school she wanted, Mattsmom's case, and a few others have positive things going on. I really, REALLY hope this trend keeps going. Even the small things make a difference. Let's hope these changes grow like a snowball down a hill right? :D (crossing everything I can)