anoather pet peeve

Star*

call 911........call 911
Do you eat a submarine, a hoagie, or a grinder?

We all live in a yellow submarine. I've heard it called a hoagie, but never have personally. A Grinder should come with a monkey. I've eaten gyros (lived with Yaya so yeah) but tire of hearing it pronounced Guy-Ro. Instead of hero. OHPAH! More backlava less gyro...no lamb, no lamb. Gimme a samich.

Do you carry a purse or a pocketbook?

I carry a small back pocket ladies wallet with my CDL, DOT physical card, ATM, SSI. If I carry a pocket book? I'm the family designated PACK MULE and by the time the day ends? I may as well have started out with saddle bags or a backpack. I ADORE antique late 1800's -1940's beaded purses, and all in ones. I use all the terms in this category.

When you need lights - do you "turn" them on or "cut" them on?
Turn the light on please. Shutt that light off please. - huh never noticed that. (I made that GREEN on purpose) lol

What time of day is "dinner" ? Is that your noon meal or evening meal ?
Breakfast, lunch, dinner,2 snacks no food after 7. Miracle-rear diet. Dinner is before 7:00 PM. (ME)

Now when we went to the farm -which is a working farm.....OHmyword....
Breakfast is like from 5-7 am (in the house)
Dinner is at noon (can be in the field depending on the chores)
Lunch is around 4pm (in the field) and is a snack -samiches, chips, peeeekle.
Supper is from 6:30 - 10 or later depending on how many are working, what the chore is and always in the house.
(this was DF's life) and explains WHY we had so many problems with food schedules, and eating SO much, gaining weight, and not eating everything in sight.
To quote a friend - it made my eyes bleed.

Is vinegar for your meats or your vegetables?
For meats or vegetables? Neither. Blech. Thaz not where we use vinegar in MY house. We use it for...........Oh I can't say. I just won't. Okay, okay I'll say it. You asked.
Cleaning. WINDOWS. and floors. and.....yeah that's right windows. And for arthritis. Sunburn - best thing ever for sunburn. In the wash to SET bright colors before you wash them. For weeds - poison ivy hates this stuff, so does cracks in the sidewalk grass. Blackberry bushes that are annoyingly growing near the house. Hair treatment....it makes my hair shine like crazy. and occasionally DF will absolutely RUIN a batch of my homemade vegetable soup and drop some in his bowl, stink up the room and wreck my complete aura of homemade goodness. I buy vinegar by the gallon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH I missed the comforter part -

MALIKA - Just for you.

Okay in the Winter time? I sleep with a Duvet. To me - a Duvet is a cover that goes on a Goose-down filled comforter. Oh I love my duvet!

Now I have quilts - patchwork pieces sewn together to make a ......um........quilt. BIG homemade ones.

BLankets - woven one piece with ribbon edging.

Comforter is fluffy - got my vote on that one. Down or poly filled.

Bed Spread is the nice thing that goes OVER the bed you never sleep or cover up with because it costs so much blinking money - and usually stays folded up over top the quilt rack. Unless I make the bed every day, which with 4 dogs? Not likely. Spare room yes - My room - NOpe.

Malika

Thank you for full explanation of your sleeping materials, Star! I love my duvet too and J loves his comforter, or "doudou", which is a filthy (because he won't let me wash it) Spiderman pillow case that he pulls on and sucks his thumb to go to sleep.
Now that that's clear...