difficult child just called

DammitJanet

I am going to actually think that there may be a separation between the federal government and states here to be honest. At some point the government does give the states the right to run their programs in the ways they see fit as long as they dont violate federal laws. That would be the issue. I dont know if they do. To get that changed it would take years and more time than anyone has.

I do think you need to sit back and wait to see what happens now for at least a week or two. These machines are not known for moving fast. I know it is hard to do and it is awful to have to go through as the people it is happening to but I think the best way to handle it is to slow down.

klmno

I agree in the separation and the fed gov won't care or couldn't step in if they did on many of these things. I was thinking the parental rights, prisoners/juveniles' rights, and unlawful detainment start getting into the fed constitution though- oh- and I found that the feds get involved of abuse of power of law enforcement personnel/officials. I just don't know if this would be major enough for them to care though. I thought it might since the state Department of Juvenile Justice has had some bigger things come to light lately.

Anyway, if I could feel more confident that a detention reentry was in place in this area right now and they'd accept difficult child, it would be a lot easier to wait. Some kids sit over there for mos while a PO tries one placement option after another, for nothing. Some POs go to the funding committee to ask for something before even picking up a phone to see if it's a vaible option- that wastes a lot of time because it can take several weeks to get to a mtg with the funding committee. Then if it's approved, the PO checks with the placement to see if the kid is appropriate for it and if they have openings, etc. and many times it doesn't work so they start all over again. Legally, they really can't hold difficult child and look for placement like this since neither he nor I are refusing for him to come home. But for now, difficult child and I are trying to wait and hoping that someone inside the system catches on and says something to prevent one excuse after another to string this along as long as PO can.

My mommy gut is telling me it's POs intent to drag this out as long as he can then use a detention reentry, if he can get difficult child into one, to start all over again looking for another placement that gets difficult child into a job and independent living and difficult child is going to be devestated because people have used "going back home" as a carrot to dangle for so long, with no intention to back it up, yet blaming him on it when they don't. I can't see any way in the world he'll stay out of trouble under those circumstances.

I'm thinking more and more that I have to move again. We can't have a PO who has already destroyed his credibility and who appears to be either very incompetent or acting out of vengence.. I can't sleep but am dog tired- my emotions have been on a roller-coaster since Monday.

Another thing I'm thinking- since learning that it wasn't actually the director or someone from central office who notified Department of Juvenile Justice to hold difficult child until they determine another placement and that placement was now to be detention reentry- it was PO who called the Department of Juvenile Justice facility and said this came from central office- if PO stretched the truth on that some. The letter I got from director threw all this back on PO. They might have jsut sent PO a ltter saying it was up to him to get something in place and they were staying out of it but maybe they threw out some possible options or suggested he look into the detention reentry, without them thinking it thru or seeing if it was in place here yet. I don't know if they would be aware if it was already in place here or not.

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
Have you been able to find an attorney to help with this? If you can't find one, can you take time off work to go to the courts to ask some questions? I know here I could go to the courthouse and talk to the office of the clerk of courts to see what I had to do to get a judge to review the case since you were told officially that difficult child was to be released on Wed, then on Fri, then not at all because the PO couldn't figure out what to do. The clerk of courts here would tell me what I had to do, where I had to go, and what to file to get a judge to oversee this and make a ruling as to if difficult child was to be held or released. I don't know if that is a possibility in your system. Do you know the name of the judge who sentenced difficult child? Have you called his office and asked his staff what was going on and how to get this in front of him again? difficult child has done all he can do to follow the rules. in my opinion he has done a great job - not with-o problems, but a great job.

This PO is on a power trip and he is likely well aware that there is NO ONE who is going to care in his office or his boss' office. You have to get an atty to make him care, or get it before a judge. You asked for help with reunification and re-entry. It is available and then you did or said something he saw as a challenge and his mindset is now "How bad can I mess them up? How long can I keep him in and how can I get him to blame mom and how can I keep my posterior covered and make this kid and his mom to blame for everything?"

You need an atty. I don't know if a new PO will help or not. I do know that if difficult child does get out, the PO is going to do everything possible to put difficult child back in.

Part of me thinks you should bake cookies or something and go be so sweet and "how can we work this out" and "what can I do?" to the PO because it MIGHT get him to back off and let difficult child out. The other thinks that if you do that you should have a voice recorder running the entire time because this guy is going to lie about it if it doesn't turn things around.

I jsut think you need a good atty and I know it is hard to find the money for that. I do think your money would be better spent on a lawyer than on moving. But I could be wrong.