First Visit to Rehab

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
where did two weeks go? We went for a 3 hour visit on site at rehab yesterday.

We stopped and got Chinese food. We ate and he showed us around the facility. He was so loving and decent. Clean and sober E.
He is still craving and he knows that.
One day at a time and it was a very good day. He is putting his plan in place and has asked to extend his program an extra month so he can finish high school while he is there.

He actually read a book for English class. “Catcher in the Rye”. He held my hand on his tour he introduced us to people. He was not obsessed with the girlfriend. He did mention her once or twice. There is a boy there his age J who has been there a week longer than him. They are pretty tight. He earned privileges this week with 3 others to go swimming in town and to go to an off site AA meeting.

So many hugs and my best part was hearing him say he really likes it and knows he needs to be there.

He then talked about his “Addiction”. He has never admitted being an addict before. My stomach was in knots I needed a gravol. It's hard to see him there but good he is there.

Husband was upset because of how he looks and he looks better than he did on Monday. He ate 2 plates full of food. ❤️. I saw him briefly on Monday when I dropped some items off for him.

It is a very nice place. Like a summer camp if it were not for the locks on doors and phones. A lot better than prison that’s for sure. The on site school is good also and they have a huge gym 40 acres and a lake.

BloodiedButUnbowed

SO very happy for you LBL if anyone deserves this wonderful news, it is you and your family.

Praying the positive momentum continues. Remember it can still go up and down.

VERY good news on this Sunday!

Helpless29

We stopped and got Chinese food. We ate and he showed us around the facility. He was so loving and decent. Clean and sober E.
One day at a time and it was a very good day. He is putting his plan in place and has asked to extend his program an extra month so he can finish high school while he is there.

He actually read a book for English class. “Catcher in the Rye”. He held my hand on his tour he introduced us to people. He was not obsessed with the girlfriend. He did mention her once or twice. There is a boy there his age J who has been there a week longer than him. They are pretty tight. He earned privileges this week with 3 others to go swimming in town and to go to an off site AA meeting.

So many hugs and my best part was hearing him say he really likes it and knows he needs to be there.

He then talked about his “Addiction”. He has never admitted being an addict before. My stomach was in knots I needed a gravol. It's hard to see him there but good he is there.

Husband was upset because of how he looks and he looks better than he did on Monday. He ate 2 plates full of food. ❤️. I saw him briefly on Monday when I dropped some items off for him.

It is a very nice place. Like a summer camp if it were not for the locks on doors and phones. A lot better than prison that’s for sure. The on site school is good also and they have a huge gym 40 acres and a lake.
What wonderful news,I am happy for you & glad he is in a safe place.

New Leaf

Prayers that he continues to make progress. Such good news to read of the changes he is going through. Understanding his addiction is half the battle. The fog is slowly lifting. A good thing LBL, a very good thing.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Wow, great news. You worked so very hard for this opportunity for him LBL.......while you're away, celebrate this moment.....you did an incredible job under extraordinary circumstances.....

(((HUGS))):group-hug:

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
So very happy that he is now embracing this which had seemed impossible weeks ago.

There are always setbacks along the way and it is a jagged path.

We are all pulling for him.

Take time with hubby to have some much needed down time! It's time for you to heal too!

Littleboylost

Up and down 2 good phone calls one not so great. He is doing well as per his counsellor.

He is still trying to manipulate. They are allowed to use the phone daily. He is restricted to calling us only.

I was super pissed today as I spoke to his counsellor and she told me that the girlfriend and the GFs mother are calling and harassing the staff to see Evan. For the love of the universe could these people just stop.

Now we have to put a plan in place so as not to strengthen this relationship by making the girlfriend forbidden fruit.
At 30 days he will be in full control of who can visit and who he can call.

Limited visits and calls of course. And he can only be released to us for off site visits.

I pray that the girlfriend gets bored and finds someone else. Ugh.

The mother sorry I’d love to punch her in the throat.

Ultimately he will have to learn how to make good choices and associate with positive influences.

BusynMember

Ugh. That's the last duo he needs. Can you tell the counselors about them? Will it matter? Maybe say they could try to bring in drugs so that at least they may watch them closely while there. I wouldn't put it past Ms. Law and Order to sneak something in.

Does the rehab communicate well with you?

I so want your son to do well and focus on his recovery and not the Toxic Twins...I wish you much luck with this. What a pain those two are!

newstart

Deepest prayers that this positive streak will keep going positive, forward. So glad he admited to being an addict, now lets watch him beat it and not ever be one again.

Littleboylost

Ugh. That's the last duo he needs. Can you tell the counselors about them? Will it matter? Maybe say they could try to bring in drugs so that at least they may watch them closely while there. I wouldn't put it past Ms. Law and Order to sneak something in.

Does the rehab communicate well with you?

I so want your son to do well and focus on his recovery and not the Toxic Twins...I wish you much luck with this. What a pain those two are!
I have told rehab all about them and they have told the cop mom to buzz off. They can not prevent him from calling HF and if she seems under the influence they won’t allow her in to visit. She will not be able to visit for a good few weeks only a phone call once a week after his 30 days are done because he is 18 we can not prevent that.
The rehab is awesome and are very open in communicating with us.

Albatross

I am sorry to hear about Cop Mom and her daughter throwing themselves into this. E needs to focus on his recovery, not on his girlfriend. Not sure what you can do about it though, other than hoping the counselor can help E begin to see that, hopefully before the phone calls start.

Honestly, even if it might not do any good, I would seriously consider sitting Cop Mom down for some "frank discussion" about backing off. Surely as a parent and as an officer of the court she knows better than to petition a court-ordered rehab to see your son in violation of the rules.

I can't help but wonder, why is she is so inappropriately involved in her daughter's love life? It's really kinda creepy...

Sam3

I also think a discussion with the Mom would be a good idea. As much as it would be tempting to tell her where she and her daughter can go, I think it would be more effective to keep it to facts that cop would find cold and hard as well. Your son is a drug addict. They are the audience for his denial. Denial stands in the way of recovery.