Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

We are in the midst of a deep chill. Yesterday our high was around 46, today they are calling for a high of 8 and we have wind chill advisories. The windchill is suppose to make it feel like 16-25 below 0 for much of the day.:2cold:

It's back to work today and after work I need to take difficult child to his t-doctor appointment. I am hoping to get to the health club as well but I do have the start of a cold so we'll see how far I get.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and if you're anywhere that it's cold, stay warm!:frostbite:

LittleDudesMom

:gingerbread: Good Morning on a No Meltdown Monday Morning!

Sharon, that's cold :frozen:!! We are in the low 50's this morning with a light southerly breeze. Our temps are supposed to be in the mid 60's today but down 30 degrees tomorrow. Crazy winter weather we have here in Virginia! Hope your weekend with family went well. Keep uppermost in your mind that you only have five more days!!!!!! Take care my friend.

Busy day here. I am foregoing the gym this morning. I went to class last night and will attend another one this evening. Mom is coming in this afternoon and I have a few things to get ready for her visit! I've not done the Christmas cards yet, and am hoping I can find about an hour before her arrival to get most of them done!

Wishing everyone a literal No Meltdown Monday.

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! Sending Hugs to all!
Sharon- Hope u stay warm and have a nice day!
I have an eye doctor appointment for me and I MUST
clean our apartment! I think I live with the three
little pigs and a kitten!LOL Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Rabbit

Little Dudes Mom - Hope u have a nice day and a nice visit

smallworld

Good morning, friends!

Sharon (WO), I'm glad I don't live where you live -- brrrr! Hope your cold doesn't "blossom" and you're able to make it to the gym tonight.

Sharon (LDM), our weather here in Maryland is closer to yours. Hope you get your cards done before Mom arrives.

It's quiet and dark here. J already (!) left on his bus. A and M are still sleeping. I'll wake M at 7:15 am so she can get ready for school. A is missing her exams this week because she suffered a concussion 6 weeks ago while on a trampoline during a gymnastics class. Because she was still experiencing headaches and fatigue, I took her last week to our children's hospital, where a doctor evaluated her and even gave her some brief neuropsychologist tests. The prescription: Rest and no school until January 5. She'll make up her exams in the new year.

I'll go to my 20/20/20 (20 min of cardio, 20 min of strength training, 20 min of stretching) class at the gym this morning. Then it's lunch at M's school. I'm not really going to eat there, however. It is cafeteria food after all.

Hope you have a peaceful day! Hi if you snuck in.

Marguerite

G'day, all.

Sharon/WO, I don't envy you those temperatures. Surely you don't need the gym? Just stand outside and shiver, that should give you enough exercise for months!

Sharon/LDM, your temperatures almost sound as warm as our cooler days. We've been getting unseasonally cool summer weather, apart from the occasional hot day.

Rabbit, I hope your eye appointment goes well. Maybe you can recruit the three little pigs to clean up after themselves.

Smallworld, it's worrying when your child gets injured. I hope it is nothing more than concussion and the rest over Christmas does her some good.

Today we had a bit of a breakthrough with difficult child 3's schoolwork. We'll see if we can capitalise on it tomorrow. Basically, I need him to learn to show working, and not try to do these problems in his head. He is going to have to learn to show working as he goes further in his studies so he may as well begin now.

I rewarded him with an immediate trip to the beach, as soon as he finished his work. We have king tides at the moment, the surf was very big and the beach was almost entirely covered, at times, under white water. I sat right near the top of the beach and still got my feet wet from a freak wave.

That is not as bad as some people are getting - in Tempe (a suburb of Sydney near the airport), the king tide has submerged the street, they had boats going along the streets! The local council are now talking about raising the street level. In other parts of Sydney, the freak tides have undermined building foundations. We're fine where we are - our house is high on the hill. I do wonder how the church is getting on, though - a freak tide will deliver seaweed to the church step. The sea wall there is already partly submerged under the shifting sands of the beach.

On the beach we go to mostly (at the end of our street) we can watch as the sand gets rearranged. Right now, the rock where we usually leave our towels is partly buried under sand so it's easy for me to step off it onto the beach. Maybe by morning, it will be high and exposed again. We couldn't leave our towels there today, the waves were breaking over it. The beach had about half a dozen youths there, surfing on body boards. It was wild - waves breaking in about five different directions, doubling in height suddenly when two crests met. No wonder we call it the washing machine! It's a fragment at one end of a much bigger beach, not a place to take non-swimmers. However, not far away is a tranquil sand-floored rock pool which is ideal for babies.

Tomorrow I have to give a prize at the local school's presentation day. Then it's a fast trip out to the pediatrician, for the kids. It will be difficult child 1's last appointment with his pediatrician; once he's 25, he has to move on. I told him to bring his new wife, to meet his old doctor. I think it's funny, introducing your wife to your pediatrician...

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Monday morning my friends.
Wiped out, your weather sounds pretty bad. I just can't live in that anymore. Well at least not for more than a week while skiing. It's just too frigid to think about.

LDM, hope your visit with your mom turns out to be a nice one. I'm trying to get cards out but I am struggling with getting labels printed on my mac. Guess I should read the directions.

Rabbit, good luck with the eye appointment. I know what you mean about little piggies and a pet(or 2).

smallworld, how scary about the concussion. I hope she feels better soon. It's always a worry. Exams will wait. I like the 20/20/20 idea. Enjoy.

Marguerite, hope difficult child follows through and shows his work. Seems he is making progress and really trying to get his work done.
How lovely that you get to present an award at the school today.

easy child's friends have all left and all the decorating is done. What a relief to put the empty boxes away. Now, it's time to get ready for our holiday party Friday night and the actual holiday. I look forward to doing some baking.

difficult child is annoyed because no one wanted to play video games. :grounch_day:I feel his lonliness but at some point we aren't his playmates. He is aware he has very little happening but we are still being interviewed and going through the process of services and programs locally. It takes a long time.

Hope your monday has no meltdowns and you are not too overworked today.

Andy

GOOD MORNING
(computer being stubborn - pretend I have the frozen guy here)
Wiped Out - Stay warm and keep that cold at bay.

Little Dude's Mom - I hope you get everything done today.

Rabbit - Have a great day! Your post made my smile. Give your three little pigs a hug.

Small World - I am sorry about A. I hope she doesn't have too hard a time catching up with school work.

Marg - I understand about the showing your work issue. I deal with that with my difficult child also. He has a fractions homework that he was making worse by trying to do in his head. I walked him through the 1st five by showing him how to write it down (reducing fractions) then the next five he did under such protest since he said it was too hard that we stopped. Then later we started up again and he finished the others with me telling him the problem, he used his scrap paper to calculate and then I gave him the paper to write the answer on (I did the problem in my head to check his answer). difficult child can do this if he will open up to showing work. He did remember all the steps from our earlier session.

Fran - I hope you have a great day! Enjoy preps for the next party.

Jennifer - Have a good day. I hope things go well today for both your and easy child.

We are snowed in - no travel advised anywhere. husband of course is getting ready to drive to Fargo. The freeway is closed but will probably open not too soon. However, that still doesn't mean anyone should be out in this. husband is acting like a kid on Christmas Eve trying to get on the road. I don't think that snow days should be this stressful to me because he will not just stay put. No wonder easy child has no common sense to stay safe - she takes after her dad. Now he says, "I'm going in to the office to wait this out - wonder what the best way to get news is!" Duh - the Department of Transportation web site gives road conditions and closures and openings.

The radio station is not listing cancels and closings - they say "Everything is canceled and closed. It would take a long time to go through the entire list."

We have -50 degree wind chills. Very Dangerous to be out in!

husband now came back in, "Yeah, in spots there are huge drifts." I told him he probably won't be able to get out to the main road. "Yeah, you are probably right." So that means one more person staying home for awhile! YEAH!!!

I have had so many distractions while trying to type this post that I am sure some have snuck in on me.

Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Andy

I'm A Believer - You were the only one to sneak in on me. Good Morning to you too. I hope you have a great day!

K

Kjs

good morning all.

I have been absent for a long time.

Getting new carpet today and don't know when they will arrive.

I'm with sharon. SAME weather here. My car was in the garage. It was so warm and rainy yesterday husband's car doors were froze shut this morning.

sharon - Hope you get your xmas cards done, running short on time.

sm - hope A's headaches subside.

Rabbit - you can clean for me!!

Marg - I have the same problem with difficult child, doesn't show his work. He made it to 9th grade, now high school says, no, no. That is the fight now. They say they want to see the work because if he has the wrong answer they want to see where he went wrong.

Oh - much to update. Another post.